New to ipad Some basic questions

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by vpcare, Nov 10, 2011.

1. vpcare

vpcare
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi there! I am new to iPad. Got the iPad2 2 days back. Wondering if it's a great idea to upgrade to ios5.heard some stories and having second thoughts now.want to replace my laptop with iPad. Can I pretty much do all the things with my iPad. Thanks

2. churpi

churpi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi,
    Got my iPad 2 few days back. Upgraded to iOS 5 immediately. Since then I have not noted any problems. In fact I am enjoying iCloud features immensely. I am not sure what are the reported problems with iOS 5. I have upgraded my iphone 3GS also to iOS 5. Till now going is good. Do let me know in case of anything specific.

3. churpi

churpi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Oh by the way I have actually stopped using laptop considerably. Maybe 80% reduced. I am yet to use the iCloud sync feature. That's one reason I have to still put on the laptop. There are some financial transactions which are not smooth on iPad, hence the need of laptop. I am confident that short trips without laptop would be possible.

4. Gabriel1

Gabriel1
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi there and welcome.

There have been some issues with iOS 5 however, Apple have an update coming out shortly so all should be good.....

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

Finally, if you still haven't had enough, how about a video explaining about our other forums (note:you may want to play this at half speed but hey, why shouldn't Phil be excited about our forums!)

The Archangel

#4 Gabriel1, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  5. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi and welcome to the Forum. Enjoy!!

6. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
    Scotland

7. vpcare

vpcare
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks people for the welcome

Thanks il be upgrading soon. Btw do you need to download an app for printing too? I use Hp printers.found the user manual useful too.

8. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    There are many different apps and ways to print from the iPad. It depends on your printer and also if you want to go through your PC or laptop too. There are many threads here on all the different options including one that is currently being discussed right now, doing a search is the best option here and then choose what suits you. Hope this helps!

9. churpi

churpi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I am yet to try out the ring options. Maybe I would do so after reading up the threads. Good idea thanx.

Griffin

10. churpi

churpi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Griffin