What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to iPad - Just ordered two iPad 2's!

premo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings, all! I'm new to iPad and to Apple, in general. I have an iPod Touch (2nd gen) that I have used for some time to listen primarily to podcasts while driving, but have never gotten into the visual potential of Apple products. I started out ordering an iPad 2 yesterday morning for my daughter as a present for her first professional job, then figured, what the heck...I'll give it a try, also. I got the wi-fi versions, not the 3G - already have way too high of a cellular phone bill. as it is - Ha!

Anyway, I love to message/chat with others that are using the same technologies as I am so we can share ideas. I'm new to Apple, but have been using/programming computers longer than I care to admit, so should be able to pick up on it fairly quickly.

Please feel free to say hi. I look forward to digging into this once I receive mine.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Also the iPad2 manual is available at the Apple iBooks store. It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

susanw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem

I deleted a bunch of emails while on my ipad. Is there any way to recover them from the trash? Thanks, Susan

I hope I am not to old to own an ipad, one can only hope.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I deleted a bunch of emails while on my ipad. Is there any way to recover them from the trash? Thanks, Susan

I hope I am not to old to own an ipad, one can only hope.

It's no problem at all.

Open the 'Trash' Folder, select 'Edit' on the top of the screen, now touch the empty button icons on each email that you want to recover. When you've selected the ones you want to save, hit the 'Move' button at the bottom of the screen and then hit the name of the folder you want to return them to, probably 'InBox'.

That's all there is to it!! By the way, the iPad will automatically permanently delete emails from your Trash folder every so often. If you want a little more 'safety' you can change this interval.

Open the iPad's 'Settings' app, select 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', under 'Accounts' select the name of the email account you want to change the delete period, when the screen changes, select 'Account' again, now select 'Advanced' and there you'll see 'Deleted Messages', 'Remove' - hit that and it offers you a variety of options 'Every Day', 'Every Week', 'Every Month', 'Never'. Select the option you want and then 'backtrack' - 'Account', 'Cancel', 'Done' until you're back at the 'Settings' app first page and you're there.

You're never too old to own an iPad....

Have fun and don't hesitate to come back if anything I've said isn't clear (more than likely) or doesn't seem to work (some of the menu or choices that I've mentioned above depend upon how your email account was configured.)

Have fun and enjoy your iPad.

Tim
Snowy Scotland

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome! You're going to love your iPad - and this forum is a great place to hang out.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well said...1991-C4

Age is just a number, but the mind and heart tends to get old...

OP
P

premo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, thanks everyone. I have been filling-up my iTunes apps file with lots of iPad apps as I come across them. Now all I need is the iPad to make use of them! This is probably not the proper area to be asking about this, but I am very interested in hearing what apps others would suggest. I lean toward business apps (tho I'm not opposed to fun!) and my daughter will be in the medical imaging field, so any suggestions in those areas would be most appreciated.

Now, where's my darned iPad??

Most reactions

Latest posts