What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to ipad / jailbrake

J

jkember

Hi

Just received my new ipad2 and want to know more about jailbreaking, best things to get started once its done. Best apps to get? Also very interested in getting a snes emulator but have seen a few different versions (snes a.d.x plus cracked, Snes9x EX and Snes4iphone) which is best?

If anyone out there can spare some time to send me some info, that would be great.

Thanks

JK

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

Just received my new ipad2 and want to know more about jailbreaking, best things to get started once its done. Best apps to get? Also very interested in getting a snes emulator but have seen a few different versions (snes a.d.x plus cracked, Snes9x EX and Snes4iphone) which is best?

If anyone out there can spare some time to send me some info, that would be great.

Thanks

JK
hi,welcome to the forum,here are some helpful links-
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discu...412896524?mt=8
Apple - Support - Manuals
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!
iOS5 Tips and Tricks
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
Forum rules - everybody please read!!
poisonivy.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums jkember, however I need to draw your attention to a very important point if you want to continue your membership here....

Using cracked or pirated software is theft and we do not tollerate that here at iPadForums. snes a.d.x plus is a paid for emulator. Jailbreaking is not an excuse to steal software which you should otherwise pay for. You have obviously added a repository / source to Cydia which supplies cracked applications. You get a clear warning when you do this, so ignorance is not an excuse.

Please take time to review all of our rules, which are linked in my signature and here for reference - http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html
These include rules about emulators, the discussion of which are fine, provided you do NOT discuss sourcing of ROMS.

Thanks for your understanding.
f4780y - iPadForums Staff.

StacyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to keep the "tap home button twice to shut down active apps" feature during/after jailbreaking an ipad1 (5.1.1) with redsnow 0.9.14b1?. I've did jailbreaks on iphones and ipod touch several times but always seem to lose this feature.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to keep the "tap home button twice to shut down active apps" feature during/after jailbreaking an ipad1 (5.1.1) with redsnow 0.9.14b1?. I've did jailbreaks on iphones and ipod touch several times but always seem to lose this feature.

You should never lose that feature after jailbreaking. If you did, then something is badly wrong, or you have installed a Cydia tweak which disables or re-assigns the feature. For example, you could turn off the double press using something like activator... But you wouldn't normally do that.

StacyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should never lose that feature after jailbreaking. If you did, then something is badly wrong, or you have installed a Cydia tweak which disables or re-assigns the feature. For example, you could turn off the double press using something like activator... But you wouldn't normally do that.

So you're saying if I install cydia then I automatically lose that feature?, is there any way to keep that feature and still have cydia installed?

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So you're saying if I install cydia then I automatically lose that feature?, is there any way to keep that feature and still have cydia installed?

Huh? That's the exact opposite of what I said.

StacyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Huh? That's the exact opposite of what I said.

Okay, when you said "or you've installed a cydia tweak which disables the feature", I thought you said "or you've installed cydia which disables the feature", I guess I was trying to read it to fast and I missed a couple words. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Thank-you for your reply I'll look into a jailbreaking guide maybe I'm setting it up wrong or I forgot to do something (check off a box in the options), I'm sure I'll figure it out. Thanks.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's what I mean though. There is no secret option to check. I've never heard of anyone disabling multitasking after a jailbreak. A double tap of the home button should always bring up the switcher no matter what. Give it another go report back.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! Congrats on the iPad and good luck on the jailbreaking!

StacyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I mean though. There is no secret option to check. I've never heard of anyone disabling multitasking after a jailbreak. A double tap of the home button should always bring up the switcher no matter what. Give it another go report back.

I haven't tried it yet. I'm hoping if the jailbreak doesn't work out then I can restore it from a backup to get the multitasking option back on there. But when I do decide to do the jailbreak I'll definitely let you know how it worked out, Thanks.

StacyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I finally did the jailbreak, at first the latest redsn0w version was crashing with "windows error reporting" just after getting the ipad in DFU mode, So I did some research and reading on the topic and ended up downloading the IPSW file for it (I don't think it came it handy anyway), but I ended up trying an older version of redsn0w and it did something different....it used "Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 untethered" to prepare it for DFU mode then jailbroke it and that was that. Anyway it still has the multitasking option. Thanks for all your help.

Most reactions