What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Ipad got the 32 from Verizon

ejbpesca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave up on researching all the tablets out there and decided to go ahead and bite.

I already have questions for the forum that no rep at any Ipad, Xoom, etc. co. could answer.

Here it is:

Will I be able to transfer WP files from Works to the Ipad? or am I going to have to retype all these files manually in some I format WP for Ipad?

What's the best way to transfer photos from a DSLR camera into the Ipad? Is there an app for editing photos?

Can I use the Ipad to feed wifi signal into my TV or is it best just to get a TV that can get wifi anyway?

Does the Ipad have an app that turns it into a true GPS..that is it locks onto satellites not just the cell/data system?

Do I need to immediately need to get some sort of screen protectors for it?

Thank you,
jb

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave up on researching all the tablets out there and decided to go ahead and bite.

I already have questions for the forum that no rep at any Ipad, Xoom, etc. co. could answer.

Here it is:

Will I be able to transfer WP files from Works to the Ipad? or am I going to have to retype all these files manually in some I format WP for Ipad?

What's the best way to transfer photos from a DSLR camera into the Ipad? Is there an app for editing photos?

Can I use the Ipad to feed wifi signal into my TV or is it best just to get a TV that can get wifi anyway?

Does the Ipad have an app that turns it into a true GPS..that is it locks onto satellites not just the cell/data system?

Do I need to immediately need to get some sort of screen protectors for it?

Thank you,
jb

I can answer some of the questions....for sure, you can transfer your WP files to the iPad.....

One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

http://help.apple.com/iwork/1.3/mobile/interface/index.html#tan724868a9

Yes - the iPad has true GPS and the native iPad Maps app uses that very effectively. There are a whole range, too, of third party apps that use the GPS.

The iPad has an optional camera connection kit that can import photos from SD cards or connect directly to your camera. There are many many photo editing apps - search iPad Forum for recommendations and advice...

I don't use a screen protector, but many members do. Again, you'll find lots of advice on this Forum - just Search (the button at the top if you're using the web based version).

I can't answer your TV question, so I'll leave that to someone else!!

Welcome to iPad Forum

Tim

copter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will need apple TV to stream over WiFi to your TV. Yes there are Apps for photo editing on your iPad. I would recomend the Tom Tom App if you want to turn it in to a GPS.

Most reactions