What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to iPad, Forum, Apple

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That would explain the irritating (daft!) lack of function. And there I was, expecting the design side would be all hunky-dory...(I must live in a dream world!).

I had a quick trawl & found lots of basic apps that write on the image itself & then send it as a jolly postcard to Aunt Betty et al, ideal for many. I then found the ultra basic, free Jpg Story which just adds simple text to the bottom of an image, then saves to camera roll, fine for now till I get something more fancy. (Yes, Photo Manager Pro looks promising.)

Then I wondered if clicking the scary "Delete everywhere" for the un-named copy, also sitting in Camera Roll, would delete both (or more copies put into other albums), considering them as "identical" images. Or not. Seems not---the label gives that particular copy a unique identity. So perhaps that's a possible simple workaround to this silly problem?

Hmm, understand your dilemma, had the same issue, have a look at these apps, iPhoto, has editing and album management, it looks at the main photo app and builds from there, I also use photo manager pro, filterstorm ,laminar,to name a few.

OP
stranding

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bosvaark said:
Hmm, understand your dilemma, had the same issue, have a look at these apps, iPhoto, has editing and album management, it looks at the main photo app and builds from there, I also use photo manager pro, filterstorm ,laminar,to name a few.

Thank you for those suggestions, will go & search. It seems quite difficult to find apps that cater for something more than the usual.

Love your avatar image! (instead of using it for wallpaper)

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and Welcome to our forum!

We hope you can find a lot of help here and enjoy the forums as well.

Please read the forum rules (link in my signature for your convenience) and remember that the search function is always your best friend.

Best of luck,

OP
stranding

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iFrog said:
remember that the search function is always your best friend. Best of luck,

Thanks! Have taken "searching" on board. And on the way, picked up all sorts of other stuff. :)
( added that smilie because I've discovered I now CAN! No idea how or why it suddenly works.)

iPad 3,16GB; PC / Win 7; dig.artist, I.wolfhound nut, anything-reader.

Most reactions

Latest posts