What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to iPad,extremely complicated,no video music ,cannot acess I tunes etc etc

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought thus expensive gadget as I thought it wil enhance my efficiency in my business but infect it increased my problems,cannot see flash on webs,cannot trnasfer data into ..every one suggesting jailbreak etc etc .am totally cnfused :(

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure what your business is, but if it involves Office-style applications there are a whole range of iPad apps that you can use. A member recently evaluated these for his company and his report is in this thread.

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

The iPad is not intended to replace a standard laptop - rather it is, as Steve Jobs said, a 'third way' - a better way of doing some things that a laptop can do, but doesn't do as well as the iPad.

If you need to view Flash there are several third-party browsers that you can try - such as iSwifter and Puffin. There's a 'lite' try-before-you-buy version of iSwifter, which can display Flash by hosting it on the company's web server.

If you have any queries about jail breaking, our resident jail breaking guru, Leigh, will be more than able to answer any questions you may have.

You need to give the iPad some time and get used to it; it's a different approach to computing as compared to a standard Windows platform and it takes a while to get used to it.

For now, try and enjoy your iPad.

By the way, I have visited Islamabad many times and it is a very beautiful and friendly city. I hope to visit it again soon.

Best Wishes.

Tim
Scotland

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought thus expensive gadget as I thought it wil enhance my efficiency in my business but infect it increased my problems,cannot see flash on webs,cannot trnasfer data into ..every one suggesting jailbreak etc etc .am totally cnfused :(

Welcome to our forums. Just a comment it is really not expensive based on a simple reason of what it provides. Second I disagree regard your statement it is a gadget...... Millions purchased iPads not as a gadget but as device that can access the net, do email, photos music and to enjoy thousands oF applications that are available and not to be last enjoy the experience of the Internet. Sure a few look at it as a toy however the majority look at the iPad as an extension of there desktop providing an option that in the past was more expensive and also heavy with poor battery life. You may choose to disagree but the facts are there. I suspect when you bought the iPad that you thought it would function as a full on laptop.....short answer No. However there are hundreds of applications that can do what you want to do assuming your business is not complicated. I suggest you tell us more about what you are trying to achieve and then we can offer more information that may resolve your issues.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shihid said:

No disrespect, but before buying an expensive item, should you not have done some research and found out about the flash issue, the lack of usb ports and then decide whether the ipad is helpful tou your buisness? Jail break will sort the flash problem, but not the usb data transfer you seem to need as you cant add hardware. If you are confused and find the ipad hard to use, may i suggest you return it and get an alternative, like samsung galaxy maybee. I hope it doesnt come to that,

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not meaning to be disrespectful, but this might be a case of RTFM.

What data do you want to load?
Into which application?

What kind of business are you in that Flash improves your productivity? Just curious....

By the way, I just bought one for my 73 year old mom.
After half a day she was able to send mails, surf the internet, read books and magazines, etc.
And she never had a computer before.

As there are millions of others using it successfully, you might want to ask yourself whether the problem is behind or in front of the screen. ;-)

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well I am huge fan of apple, having shuffle ,I pod touch and now I pad..Tom thanks a lot ,I am new here don't know how to add buddies so pl add me , 2ndly thanks a lot for alll of you for such response, I am having I pad for more then a month and I am doing what? Only internet ..no one was there to guide me about this thing..I bought it as replacement of my lap top , as it's battery is long time..still I don't have jail break ,once tried but failed..whenever I need to delete a pic I need to syn it with my pc :(
Again Tom u r wel come in isb

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From where I can download mp4 movies or is there any software in app store in which I can play few other video format ?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shihid said:
From where I can download mp4 movies or is there any software in app store in which I can play few other video format ?

iTunes and yes.

If you use the search function on the forum you will find numerous threads on this subject.

The Archangel

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
nowi am able to copy movies into ipad , and music as well, before i can copy only audio music , now ia m able to copy video music as well , and for flash videoes i started using skyfire web browser.

Most reactions

Latest posts