1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

new to ipad and looking for advice

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by tenblade2001, Dec 29, 2010.

1. tenblade2001

tenblade2001 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, I'm a plastic surgeon in knoxville Tn, and recently purchased the ipad b/c I was tired of hauling my macbook around. I have a lot of PDF files, journal articles/ textboks, etc that I would like to have available on the ipad. I bought mobile me, but quickly exceeded my storage limit. I'm looking into other options (dropbox?). Any suggestions? Also, I would like to create and edit documents (PDF, or pages [most of my notes and such are on Word, so I would have to convert them). Any suggestions? In short, I need good word processing apps or a way to connect to my mac/pc from Ipad. I would really appreciate any help/advice.
  2. Wakawaka

Wakawaka iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home server? For $100 and a computer, there you go.

I like pages. Docs to go has good reviews.
  3. tenblade2001

tenblade2001 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    forgive my ignorance, I have to set up a home server and then access my documents through the internet?