What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to iPad and Calendar

Deborah Barnum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I found the problem. Something is messed up with my Yahoo password. I found my calendar with all in it :) at the Yahoo calendar site. ( Never went there before!) i didnt know it existed. (don't say it) It's just not syncing. A short trip to the Apple store will clear this up I think. I don't quite understand the magic of synching, so I'm off to Netflix. Thank you so much for you time and trouble. Such kindness is welcome and surprising!
DB

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, sounds like you are syncing your calendar with Yahoo, not iCloud, or perhaps both.

Check under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and see if you have your Yahoo account set up. If you do, open it and see if Calendars is turned on. If it is, try turning it off, and back on again like I suggested with iCloud.

In the Calendar app, using the Calendar button you should see accounts and calendars for both iCloud and Yahoo.

If you only want to use one of the services (I recommend iCloud) then you can edit each event and change it's calendar to the one you want. When done turn off the unwanted account's syncing and choose delete from iPad in the dialog box.

If the Yahoo account persists in not working/syncing try deleting the account and adding it again. That usually fixes that kind of thing.

Deborah Barnum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to yahoo calendars in my settings. It was set up. Everything was turned on. I'm embarrassed to say I'm afraid to turn off my Yahoo calendaring account! That's where everything still is! This reveals my fundamental disunderstanding of how computers operate. No kidding. I'm reluctant to change to iCloud because I have this idea that I will need wifi to call it up and do things in the calendar when I'm in court. No wifi in court, and I'm on the old iPad. I had no trouble before this, just pulling the calendar up on the machine wherever I was. It seems clear to me that there was something I did that screwed up the yahoo password, which in turn, disallowed the synching for safety purposes. Naturally, my bad.
I'll let you know how the Apple Doctor goes. Thanks again,
DB

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sometimes authentication (passwords) just mess up. That's the way it is.

Removing the Yahoo calendar/account from you iPad will only affect the iPad. The calendar events on Yahoo itself can not be deleted this way, not even on purpose. The only way to delete the content on Yahoo using the iPad would be to individually delete each event and let it sync back to Yahoo.

Still, if you've got an Apple Store nearby and feel more comfortable visiting them, by all means. I wish I had one close by, just for the fun of it.

Deborah Barnum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that in my head, but not in my heart! And you have convinced me, but I still don't trust myself. We have 2 stores within 10 mins. How can they be packed constantly? There's a large line before opening everyday in Newport Beach! They have rich people down there, and they are quite demanding. But they buy, buy, buy!

Deborah Barnum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The magic of synching....beyond my powers to comprehend! This morning I checked the calendar in the iPad - everything was back. No trip to the Apple Store, nothing! I fooled with my password on Yahoo last night because it wasn't liking it. So I changed it everywhere. Now "it" likes my entries again. Maybe my Yahoo password had been compromised in some way. Who knows? Maybe it's just my lack of fundamental understanding. It usually is.
Thanks so much again. At least I don't feel like you guys laughed at me! You are appreciated.
DB

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Deborah Barnum said:
The magic of synching....beyond my powers to comprehend! This morning I checked the calendar in the iPad - everything was back. No trip to the Apple Store, nothing! I fooled with my password on Yahoo last night because it wasn't liking it. So I changed it everywhere. Now "it" likes my entries again. Maybe my Yahoo password had been compromised in some way. Who knows? Maybe it's just my lack of fundamental understanding. It usually is.
Thanks so much again. At least I don't feel like you guys laughed at me! You are appreciated.
DB

I'm glad it is working again. Sometimes password authentication problems come and go, and we never figure out why.

I promise to laugh at you next time if you want, but only if you ask nicely and move away from the breakables. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts