What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to forums

Tiffanieee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Im Tiffanieee...just signed up...I do have a question to ask but they say you should book the forms over to see if the question is already posted. I looked as good as one person can work with thousands of posts so now I'm going to ask the question.

I am having trouble trying to get my head gear Bluetooth mouse to be recognized by my iPad mini. Is there an app for this or possibly some drivers?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you gone into your iPad settings and turned on "Bluetooth?" Once you have done that your iPad will begin to search for Bluetooth devices that are local. Also, some devices may ask for passcode to enter before the Bluetooth device will begin to work with your iPad.

If that doesn't seem work, try to power off your iPad than back on and retry.

Have a look at this too from Apple:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202042

OP
T

Tiffanieee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you gone into your iPad settings and turned on "Bluetooth?" Once you have done that your iPad will begin to search for Bluetooth devices that are local. Also, some devices may ask for passcode to enter before the Bluetooth device will begin to work with your iPad.

If that doesn't seem work, try to power off your iPad than back on and retry.

Have a look at this too from Apple:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202042
I want to thank you for your reply and I guess I should have clarified and been more informative. Im not a total newbie to iphone/ipad. I know how to hook things up via BT. I have put the mouse in discovery mode...Im aware that BT must be turned on on the ipad as well. Its just not picking it up.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am having trouble trying to get my head gear Bluetooth mouse to be recognized by my iPad mini. Is there an app for this or possibly some drivers?

I want to thank you for your reply and I guess I should have clarified and been more informative. Im not a total newbie to iphone/ipad. I know how to hook things up via BT. I have put the mouse in discovery mode...Im aware that BT must be turned on on the ipad as well. Its just not picking it up.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) And despite claiming not to be a 'newbie', you are having a problem - correct? First, give us some more information: 1) What iOS are you using; and 2) What do you mean by 'head gear Bluetooth mouse' - specifically what brand/model of BT device do you own? Second, I'll stop there and let you respond - Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Im Tiffanieee...just signed up...I do have a question to ask but they say you should book the forms over to see if the question is already posted. I looked as good as one person can work with thousands of posts so now I'm going to ask the question.

Welcome to iPad Forums Tiffanieee!

You can connect an iPad to Bluetooth headphones, speakers, sound systems and hands free devices in certain cars, keyboards, etc., unfortunately a Bluetooth mouse will not work with a stock iPad. If you want to use a mouse with an iPad, you'll have to be willing to jailbreak the iPad.

OP
T

Tiffanieee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) And despite claiming not to be a 'newbie', you are having a problem - correct? First, give us some more information: 1) What iOS are you using; and 2) What do you mean by 'head gear Bluetooth mouse' - specifically what brand/model of BT device do you own? Second, I'll stop there and let you respond - Dave :)
Hi.. I am a newbie to the forum but not to an ipad. I just found out that the ipad doesnt have a cursor.
Welcome to iPad Forums Tiffanieee!

You can connect an iPad to Bluetooth headphones, speakers, sound systems and hands free devices in certain cars, keyboards, etc., unfortunately a Bluetooth mouse will not work with a stock iPad. If you want to use a mouse with an iPad, you'll have to be willing to jailbreak the iPad.
Yes...no cursor. Thank you

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi.. I am a newbie to the forum but not to an ipad. I just found out that the ipad doesnt have a cursor.

Yes...no cursor. Thank you

As to my previous request, please provide us some specific information on the BT device you are trying to use -"headgear & mouse" just do not jive w/ me (although I may be surprised! ;)) - also, I do not understand what you mean by 'having a cursor'? Cursors may be present in certain apps, like writing documents but are you expecting a cursor on the 'home screen' of the stock iPad? Dave :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Glad you got it sorted...or at least figured out why your headgear mouse wasn't working. Yes, little more info would have helped so that we could have helped you better. Good luck and enjoy the Forum!

OP
T

Tiffanieee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As to my previous request, please provide us some specific information on the BT device you are trying to use -"headgear & mouse" just do not jive w/ me (although I may be surprised! ;)) - also, I do not understand what you mean by 'having a cursor'? Cursors may be present in certain apps, like writing documents but are you expecting a cursor on the 'home screen' of the stock iPad? Dave :)
I no longer require your guidance Dave. Thank you!

Most reactions