What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to forum, PRE-NEW to iPad

Rahb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My name is Robert. I've been trolling the forums for about a week trying to get some of you "Subject Matter Experts" views on the iPad and related items. I say that I'm PRE-NEW to the iPad because I am purchasing mine next week.

Reason for getting an iPad: I am 6'4" tall. I'm a gaming/movie geek. I travel all of the time for my job. I'm literally on a plane 2-4 times a week. I've found that my iPhone is too small to watch movies on the plane, I want something bigger. My 17.2" gaming laptop is too heavy and too big to fit in my lap comfortably on the plane. Having the iPad will give me that mobility that I want for my library of movies. I will also be able to add cheesey games to kill time. The other thing that I like about the iPad is the quick access to browse the internet or check my corporate email.

I am also a tinkerer, so I will be looking to jailbreak the iPad and see what I can make it do. Of course, I will be getting one that cannot be jailbroken yet, but I'm sure there will be a jailbreak eventually, or once they update to 4.0 OS.

Thanks for having me.

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, welcome. Battery life is brilliant and iPad is great for movies and music. It'll be perfect for your travels.

OP
R

Rahb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, i bought it yesterday. got the 32gb wifi since I have verizon mifi that work pays for. now I jsut have to find everything I need/want to make the purchase worth it. I'll be trolling the forums looking for must haves, and user insights

Most reactions