1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New to Forum...and very frustrated with iPad!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by bmac99, Feb 21, 2011.

1. bmac99

bmac99 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there....I love my iPad...I got the 60G and am really pleased EXCEPT when I try to sync/update software. The old nightmare....back up takes 24 hours....well, can't be sure what it takes because I haven't let it go that long.The battery would wear down anyway.

Any ideas? I would love to download 4.2 but can't since I can't run the backup...YIKES..did I really pay $900 bucks to be this frustrated?:ipad-movie:
  2. AceOsp

AceOsp iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have you tried feasting the system settings or just resetting everything?
    Maybe before readying everything you could try syncing with itunes in a different user account, that sorted a problem I had with my iPad during sync, mine wouldn't sync was the problem, maybe you could try syncing single bits of content instead of syncing the whole thing.
  3. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Hate that long sync delay.
    Funny thing is that I dutifully synced it once a week when I first got it. Now months go by before I remember.
    The important stuff is synced wirelessly and even if it disappeared tomorrow apple knows what apps I bought.
    Syncing is overrated and I suspect it's days are numbered.
  4. AceOsp

AceOsp iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its true, I also forget to sync, just can't be bothered with it all, so yeah I don't sync every week of day but mine doesn't take to long.
  5. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    I have not synced in forever! The more often you do sync ~ the less and less time it takes, depending on what you have added to you iPad since the last sync.
  6. tzimisce

tzimisce iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Same here. Hardly ever sync these days - important stuff I back up to cloud, everything else can be restored.
  7. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +459 / 0
    A lot of issues are due to type of PC you have and OS you are running on PC I. Have a fully loaded wifi 32gb takes no more than maybe 15 mins to complete backup and sync Oman Apple MacBook