What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Apple & needing assistance

Reaction score
Just bought my iPad2 for purpose of using the photo app for sharing my portfolio with clients. Lots of pictures of my projects on my PC that I'm attempting to transfer by using SD card reader. This lovely new toy is not reading all the photos on the SD card, and then when it does accept them, how do I create different categories? I need them separated into Kitchens, Baths, etc and am totally stumped. Downloaded iPhoto but am so entirely Mac illiterate that I'm starting to regret my purchase. Words from the photo wise would be appreciated, and YES I do accept "operator error" responsibility.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware - and, hey, what do I know, this can't be done from the iPad. You need to accomplish this from your PC and then use iTunes to sync

Here's the solution to make multiple Albums. (adapted from a blog I saw - no name of the original author given)

1. Create a new folder on your PC e.g. name it: iPad Photo Designs
2. go inside this new folder and create five new folders and name them for eg:

- Bathroom
- Bedroom
- Kitchen
- Den
- Deck

3. Drag or copy/paste pictures inside those five folders.

4. Start iTunes: make sure your USB is connected on your PC and your iPad.

5. In photo sync do the select a folder:

Find the folder: iPad Photo Designs
Select that folder then click "apply" to start synchronize.

6. When sync is completed, start your iPad and touch photos, now all the five albums with pictures will appear.

Yes - not sure why Apple don't let you do this on the iPad - maybe some more experienced Forum members know a workaround - there usually is one.

But don't give up!! I was a lifelong PC person and, yes, it takes a while to get used to the 'iPad way'. The iPad was never intended to be a PC replacement - it is, as Steve Jobs said at the launch, a 'third way'. So the iPad can do a lot of things better than a PC and vice versa.

If you still have problems, don't hesitate to get back in touch with us. We're all iPad enthusiasts here and we'd love to help if we can.

Tim
Scotland

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Create a new folder on your PC e.g. name it: iPad Photo Designs
2. go inside this new folder and create five new folders and name them for eg:

- Bathroom
- Bedroom
- Kitchen
- Den
- Deck

3. Drag or copy/paste pictures inside those five folders.

4. Start iTunes: make sure your USB is connected on your PC and your iPad.

5. In photo sync do the select a folder:

Find the folder: iPad Photo Designs
Select that folder then click "apply" to start synchronize.

6. When sync is completed, start your iPad and touch photos, now all the five albums with pictures will appear.

This is it! Perfectly, actually, I think. And you can't do this from your iPad, which is very strange! I remember first doing this when I got my iPad ~ you make is sound so much easier, Scott. whoops Tim I mean :)

Ps. Scott, Whoops Tim I didn't mean to "edit" your post ~ I always hit that darn button instead of the Quote button. Not use to this Mod thing yet!

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lol col gets out the camera watches Marie it's cool You have many more buttons tp play with now......Scott is Actually Tim all fixed

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hopefully apple will have iPhoto coming to the iPad before long. As it is the existing photo app is pretty primitive.
Have a look at the Photo Sort app and also check the apple video on Keynote as you may find it useful.

Most reactions

Latest posts