What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Apple Lost!

djorgens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, it's great to be a member of your group. I am a new user of the IPad and first time user of any Apple products, except ITunes. I have spent my life in the world of Microsoft and Windows, which brings me to my first question, which may seem elementary, but what is comparable to Windows "Create a desktop icon shortcut"? I would like to have icons to get back to things on the Internet, such as this forum. How do I do that? Thanks for any assistance that you might provide.
Don

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
In Safari, go to the page you want a shortcut to and there will be a box with an arrow through it. Touch that and a menu will open that has the following: Add Bookmark, Add to Home Screen, Mail Link to this Page, Print. Choose "Add to Home Screen"

OP
D

djorgens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks deckyon, that was pretty painless.
Don

Most reactions