What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Apple/iPad

snugglebunny06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. I am new to this. My husband just bought me an iPad 2 and a case with keyboard. Can anyone help me with the cmd key? I am completely oblivious to what it does!!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

Check this list out for keyboard shortcuts.....

CMD – c (Copy selected text)
CMD – x (Cut selected text)
CMD – v (Paste)
CMD – z (Undo)
CMD – shift – z (Redo)
CMD – Up Arrow (Jump to top of document)
CMD – Down Arrow (Jump to bottom of document)
CMD – Left Arrow (Jump to beginning of line)
CMD – Right Arrow (Jump to end of line)
CMD – Delete (Delete everything on the current line to the left of the cursor)
Option – Delete (Delete the word to the left of the cursor, and its preceding space)
F1 (Dim Screen)
F2 (Brighten Screen)
F7 (Back one song)
F8 (Play/Pause Music)
F9 (Skip one song ahead)
F10 (Mute)
F11 (Volume Down)
F12 (Volume Up)
Eject key (Show/hide on-screen keyboard)

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend. If you can't find the answer you need and you post a question then give as much info as you can to help members help you i.e. iPad 1 or 2, iOS version and name of app if the problem is with a specific app........and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You can download the manual for your iPad here http://support.apple.com/manuals/ and in iBooks search for "iPad user guide for" and you will find free comprehensive manuals for both iOS 4 and 5.

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

The Archangel

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
snugglebunny06 said:
Hi all. I am new to this. My husband just bought me an iPad 2 and a case with keyboard. Can anyone help me with the cmd key? I am completely oblivious to what it does!!

What a nice husband- or what did he do?!? ;)

OP
S

snugglebunny06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help! And @hpulmer, he is a great husband...it was my bday gift!

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope my gf doesn't read this. With rumors on of the ipad3 and her birthday in close proximity (late april) I'm in serious danger ;-)

zhawne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can somebody tell me why i cant open some of the applications that i have since i updated my software? please i just need an answer and solution for this...thank you in advance!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
zhawne said:
can somebody tell me why i cant open some of the applications that i have since i updated my software? please i just need an answer and solution for this...thank you in advance!

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Have these apps had an update as yet to run with the new update for the iPad? Any apps that haven't may not run on the new system. Or are these apps crashing? If they are close them completely and relaunch. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly.

Also when a new update is released it is a good idea to reset your iPad just to make sure everything settles in nicely. A reset in this instance will not change anything on your iPad and is just like rebooting a PC. Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Most reactions

Latest posts