What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Saddleback iPad 2 case, sweeeet

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
Gonna put undies on iPad. A skin.

A few posters mentioned the attraction of dust to the leather. So I am thinkin of my buying a vinyl decal skin from fleabay (on sale for 11.15), but I also want a screen protector. 3

Do I need to put the screen protector down first and the skin on top or seal the skin with the screen protector. I am very antsy and I change alot, so I know I will be changing the skin often. I'm not worrying about re-using it or anything. When I get tired of it, it will be trash. That's why I would rather pay $11 than order one from a retailer for $20-30-- that I will throw away. (I'll probably order a body guardz or something with a warranty for the sp so i can get new ones when mine get dirty.)

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NumbLock said:
I'll never buy any case that puts a border around the front that only catches junk and inhibits proper cleaning. Case makers take note!

I'm a clean freak so I will probably clean it weekly. Boy I can't wait to whip that sucker in class or own a plain. At this rate, I need a strap, something to make a book strap out of or a PADSTRAP.

I think that's his point. Cases like this require that you remove the iPad to clean the glass under the case. On my similar leather case lint, dirt, oil, etc created a bead of grunge just under the lip of the cover. I had to pull the iPad out to clean the ridge of dirt, and I was even nurvous when I would slide the iPad out because of the junk rubbing against the during removal. Be very careful!

Thanks, Tarkio, that was exactly my point. And youre exactly right! That gunk buildup can damage the finish of your iPad as you slide it out.

Borders are gross, inconvenient and dangerous.

Breitling65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Saddleback makers of great hard working and stylish leather gear have just released their new iPad 2 case. Expensive but I think the best and most stylish way to wrap an iPad. You can check it out here iPad 2 Case. No I do not work for the company but I have a few of their products and absolutly love them.

Pagliacci

What is actually good about? Why would I buy this ugly case?

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NumbLock said:
Thanks, Tarkio, that was exactly my point. And youre exactly right! That gunk buildup can damage the finish of your iPad as you slide it out.

Borders are gross, inconvenient and dangerous.

I understand and thank you for your input.

Most reactions