What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New PC

mrmedic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apps aren't listed for either iphone (which I've synced) or my ipad air 2 (which I can't sync, see below)

When I try ti sync my ipad 2, I get "...do not have enough access privelges for this operation"

1. How do I get the apps to show up?
2. How do I get the ipad to sync?

Thanks!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apps aren't listed for either iphone (which I've synced) or my ipad air 2 (which I can't sync, see below)

When I try ti sync my ipad 2, I get "...do not have enough access privelges for this operation"

1. How do I get the apps to show up?
2. How do I get the ipad to sync?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) From the title of your thread, you have a new PC (assume running the most recent version of Windows) - and I'm assuming that you have downloaded the newest version of iTunes for Windows for your iDevices - correct? Also, have you reviewed issues w/ Authorizations of computers w/ iDevices? - if not click on the link - please post back your answers here - good luck. Dave

OP
M

mrmedic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, new PC, newest version of Windows, newest iTunes.

Only 7 devices authorized. Still getting "The iPad ....do not have enough privileges for this operation"

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep, new PC, newest version of Windows, newest iTunes.

Only 7 devices authorized. Still getting "The iPad ....do not have enough privileges for this operation"

Hello again - thanks for the information - unfortunately, I'm on Mac computers (left Windows 2 years ago), so hopefully some of our PC user members will 'chime in' w/ a possible solution(s).

I'm assuming that you googled that error message, which I did out of interest - some hits mentioned the 'iPod Cache' (which I had an issue w/ when on a PC), others brought up 'permissions' problems, and reinstallation of iTunes also came up - so not sure that I can add much more, but let us know how you resolve the problem. Good luck - Dave :)

OP
M

mrmedic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Logged out, logged back in. Apps now show up, still won't let me sync.

OP
M

mrmedic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, admin. iphone syncs fine, just won't let my ipad

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Connect your iPad to iTunes, select it, then choose Summary - Photos. If you find a folder called "iPod Photo Cache" there, delete it.

Try again to sync your iPad.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Connect your iPad to iTunes, select it, then choose Summary - Photos. If you find a folder called "iPod Photo Cache" there, delete it.

Try again to sync your iPad.

@ Mrmedic - if still having problems w/ the iPad and if not already done, 'Reset' the device (hold down both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons together until the Apple logo appears, release and let the iPad reboot) - probably will not help, but is quick and of no harm to your apps, data, or settings. Dave :)

OP
M

mrmedic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, got it. For some reason, it was not installed as "run as admin" to begin with. Why it would sync my iPhone and iPad Mini this way is weird.

But after an hour with apple on the phone, screen sharing, etc, she finally gave me and idea.

1. Right click on the iTunes icon on desktop.
2. Go to properties.
3. Advanced tab
4. Make sure "Run as admin" is checked.

As I said, not sure why phone and mini synced when not in admin mode.

But there it is! Go forth and fix!

Most reactions

Latest posts