What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New owner and late comer

MaDurn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Howdy from Texas! :D
Just recently received an iPad as a late Xmas present from hubby. I'm pretty use to the whole Apple setup as we use iTunes on our laptops and desktop and we have had 2 iPod classics and a iPod Touch (1st Gen).

So far, I am loving the iPad....does everything I need it to, plus a little more. Haven't decided if I want to dive into the jailbreaking portion, even though I am no stranger to breaking the rules (have rooted 2 Android phones)....

Anywho, glad to be here and look forward to all the shenanigans I can get into!

Also, can someone point me in the direction of downloading photos to the iPad? Seems like I can only go through Dropbox to get them on....

kthxbai!

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you not want to sync them through iTunes - its not very user friendly but it works.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Howdy from Texas! :D
Just recently received an iPad as a late Xmas present from hubby. I'm pretty use to the whole Apple setup as we use iTunes on our laptops and desktop and we have had 2 iPod classics and a iPod Touch (1st Gen).

So far, I am loving the iPad....does everything I need it to, plus a little more. Haven't decided if I want to dive into the jailbreaking portion, even though I am no stranger to breaking the rules (have rooted 2 Android phones)....

Anywho, glad to be here and look forward to all the shenanigans I can get into!

Also, can someone point me in the direction of downloading photos to the iPad? Seems like I can only go through Dropbox to get them on....

kthxbai!

There are several ways to get photos to your iPad.

You can email them as attachments. When they are in your Inbox touch and hold the photo and you'll be offered the option of 'Save Image'. It gets saved to Photos.

If you subscribe to MobileMe you can transfer them that way, like Dropbox.

You can 'sync' them from your PC or Mac using iTunes on the PC or Mac while your iPad is connected, just like you sync your music, contacts etc.

If your camera has a USB connection or SD Card then, if you buy the iPad camera connection kit, you can plug your camera or SD Card directly into the iPad transfer them.

Enjoy your iPad

Tim
Scotland

OP
M

MaDurn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the info! i was hoping that syncing thru iTunes was not my only option, but the majority of my pics are in my Dropbox folder.

Tom Fitz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help ,I'm just getting to grips with the iPad my kids gave me for Christmas,'tis great FUN

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks for the info! i was hoping that syncing thru iTunes was not my only option, but the majority of my pics are in my Dropbox folder.

MaDurn:

Your post about getting pics from Dropbox (the easiest ... and fastest ... way) led me to play about a bit.

I have an app called Photo Manager Pro (USD $1.99 in the App Store). I'm using this rather than the iTunes option because I don't like the syncing (or not) process with iTunes. With this app, I can create folders and sub-folders all day long, title them how I wish, arrange/sort them, etc. I can also do slideshows.

Anyway.

This app has an upload/download feature. I used it to put all my photos on the iPad (some 2000+). I found out it's best to stick with about 100 at a time, but still, very efficient.

The cool thing I found out (and the point to my post) is that you can point the upload to come from your Dropbox account linked through your computer. So, with the app and your computer on the same wifi, you can do mutliple uploads directly from Dropbox. Much faster than individually or e-mailing them - and way less confusing than iTunes.

Hope this makes sense ... and helps.

Marilyn

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
MaDurn:

Your post about getting pics from Dropbox (the easiest ... and fastest ... way) led me to play about a bit.

I have an app called Photo Manager Pro (USD $1.99 in the App Store). I'm using this rather than the iTunes option because I don't like the syncing (or not) process with iTunes. With this app, I can create folders and sub-folders all day long, title them how I wish, arrange/sort them, etc. I can also do slideshows.

Anyway.

This app has an upload/download feature. I used it to put all my photos on the iPad (some 2000+). I found out it's best to stick with about 100 at a time, but still, very efficient.

The cool thing I found out (and the point to my post) is that you can point the upload to come from your Dropbox account linked through your computer. So, with the app and your computer on the same wifi, you can do mutliple uploads directly from Dropbox. Much faster than individually or e-mailing them - and way less confusing than iTunes.

Hope this makes sense ... and helps.

Marilyn

What methods can you upload photos to photo manager pro - wifi and Dropbox?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What methods can you upload photos to photo manager pro - wifi and Dropbox?

Well, you can't directly get photos to the app from Dropbox. You can save the photos from Dropbox to the iPad's regular Photos, then access them from within Photo Manager Pro. You can also save the photos to your local Photos on the iPad. I can't see where there is a direct upload to Dropbox capability. I may be missing it - or it may not be there.

You can use your LAN (your computer and iPad are on the same network) to get the photos back and forth from your computer. With this method, you can select to upload any photo from your computer, out of any folder, which includes your Dropbox folder on your computer. The app gives you an http:// link that you go to on your computer. At the link are all the folders you've created in the app. They are hot-linked, so clicking on one opens it. Then, you have an option to do multiple uploads or singular. I used the multiple to get all my photos on the app/iPad.

From within the app, it looks as if you can transfer photos between iDevices (iPhone, Touch) - but I am not sure because I don't have either/any other iDevice.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Well, you can't directly get photos to the app from Dropbox. You can save the photos from Dropbox to the iPad's regular Photos, then access them from within Photo Manager Pro. You can also save the photos to your local Photos on the iPad. I can't see where there is a direct upload to Dropbox capability. I may be missing it - or it may not be there.

You can use your LAN (your computer and iPad are on the same network) to get the photos back and forth from your computer. With this method, you can select to upload any photo from your computer, out of any folder, which includes your Dropbox folder on your computer. The app gives you an http:// link that you go to on your computer. At the link are all the folders you've created in the app. They are hot-linked, so clicking on one opens it. Then, you have an option to do multiple uploads or singular. I used the multiple to get all my photos on the app/iPad.

From within the app, it looks as if you can transfer photos between iDevices (iPhone, Touch) - but I am not sure because I don't have either/any other iDevice.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Thanks may try it out.

OP
M

MaDurn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn,
thanks for tinkering! i will try this soon!

Most reactions

Latest posts