What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New New Member - Intro

kscarp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do NOT own an iPad --yet. I am planning to get one. I am a self-employed lawyer and use several Microsoft-type [we used to call them IBM compatible] computers. I do a lot of online research. I also do a lot of typing. I am thinking of getting an iPad so that I can have it with me when I am away from my home office. I would use it to type notes. I would use it to check e-mails. I would use it to read books.

I still have a "dumb" phone but am thinking of getting a "smart" phone. A friend has had an iPhone and uses it a lot. My phone service is with Sprint.

So should I buy the 32GB iPad 2? Wi-Fi? [I do have wireless internet in my home]. If I buy the Wi-Fi + 3G I have to pay a monthly fee for the 3G service, right? Or do I buy the 64GB with Wi-Fi?

Thanks.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome, from Cali!

If you can get the 64, wifi, 3G. Then no regrets. You can start and stop 3G through AT&T, when you want. I pay $15 a month or sometimes $25 a month depending on how much data you want. Renews every 30 days and they give you heads up when you are low.

I use mine for a lot of research out in the field so I must be able to access the internet on a dime.

Also ~

The iPad does not support flash. There are workarounds, but most are sluggish and unpredictable. Read and read then read some more about FLASH.

Most reactions

Latest posts