1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New needing advice

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by flyingirl, Sep 22, 2010.

1. flyingirl

flyingirl iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :confused:Not sure how this works, but I hope you can help me. I will be going to France for 2 maybe three months and I would like to know what is the best way to use 3G for my IPad? Should I buy a card there or is there another (more economical) American source besides At&t?
  2. IpadOne

IpadOne iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello & welcome here,

the best is you buy in france a Pre-Paid sim card you can find Mirco-Sim card in nearly every small shop sale mobile phone … have 3 different network operator : Orange, SFR , Bouygues

You should compare clearly as they have various data plan and is really not simple to understand their plan

I hope that help
  3. flyingirl

flyingirl iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks!

Just want to say thanks very much for taking the time to answer my question. I'm not a techie and appreciate your help.:)
  4. IpadOne

IpadOne iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi my pleasure, if you have any question don’t hesitate to ask ..

Last point you should , search in Google the APN settings for all the french network operator and copy and paste in your iPad note , as i am pretty sure they will don’t help you on that as they don’t know (and surely don’t care) , so you will be able to use your devices since you got the card

Settings> Cellular data> APN settings ….

Voila voila :)