What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New need help with 02/ free BT Openworld wifi?

Bunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I'm totally new here...feeling my way! I'm 55 live in Winchester and am totally in love with my iPad....devoted since the day I got it.I'm out of work for the first time ever and my iPad has been a life saver...,I bought it before the money finally ran out! I've been meaning to visit here for a long while. I'm fairly au fait with the features of it I need but I have a qn towhich I can't find the answer.

I use 02 as my 3G provide, as I do not, now, have broadband in the house. However, as an O2 customer I'm entitled to free BT Openworld wifi.........can anyone help me access it, as it would help me keep my paid 3G, in reserve for when j can't get the free wifi, ESP as funds are very limited. live bang in the middle of Winchester and I think I might well be able to access Openzone here. ( well I did at the weekend cos I paid £5 for 24 hrs but shouldn't need to do that) looking fwd to hearing from anyone....if I post in the wrong place or something wrong please tell me?

Bunny

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar arrangement with BT OpenZone, though my provider is not O2. When my iPad 'sees' a BT OpenZone network there is, of course, the opportunity to pay, as you mention. On the first page, at the top right hand corner is a login zone with a drop down menu that shows all the various service providers that have an arrangement with BT OpenZone. I use Orange and they're listed there. I select the Orange menu entry and then provide my account name and password and I'm good to go.

Hope this works for you.

Tim

Most reactions