What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Motorola Super Bowl Ad Takes Another Pop at Apple

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndhuEUX1kIU[/ame]​

Engadget features a teaser of the new Motorola ad for its forthcoming XOOM tablet which is due to air during the Super Bowl. The ad features the Earth with a pair of white Apple-like headphones attached to it, and compares 2011 to 1984, because we are all totally forced by Apple to buy all their products, and why are they just so darned good? It’s not fair, says Motorola, stamping its foot. Naughty bad Apple, dominating the world with its products. Why won’t it play nice and give other manufacturers such as, oh, I don’t know, Motorola maybe, a bit of a chance?â€It’s time for more choicesâ€, goes the ad, before highlighting some of the XOOM’s main selling points, such as a dual-core 1GHz processor, 1080p HD video playback, 3G upgradable to 4G, Android 3.0 Honeycomb, Adobe Flash, a 5MP rear-facing camera and a 2 MP front-facing camera. Then you get to see the “free†Earth, without those big, bad Apple headphones dominating it! The only thing is, the “free†Motorola Earth looks like a burning molten fireball with no signs of life on it at all. Worrying.

Source: Motorola teases Xoom Super Bowl ad: '2011 looks a lot like 1984' -- Engadget

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And after all what about the big security hole found in honeycomb yesterday lol is that good?

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still been a droid user (just awaiting on verizon iphone) and I can tell you that still not nice even if not a release you should never have any issues like that!

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still been a droid user (just awaiting on verizon iphone) and I can tell you that still not nice even if not a release you should never have any issues like that!

But that's what beta releases are for! There are plenty of issues that pop up with beta releases of iOS as well. The testing period is to find such issues and squash them before the final release comes about. Any person that runs beta firmware should be aware that such risks are always part of the deal.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
DaveSt said:
But that's what beta releases are for! There are plenty of issues that pop up with beta releases of iOS as well. The testing period is to find such issues and squash them before the final release comes about. Any person that runs beta firmware should be aware that such risks are always part of the deal.

I agree Dave, but lately this open source stuff makes me think about how privade are stuff can really be, even I don't do banking or nothing a long the lines still concern me but we have a lot of OS flavors and I believe on giving the try to all and find the one that fit me the best.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DaveSt said:

I agree Dave, but lately this open source stuff makes me think about how privade are stuff can really be, even I don't do banking or nothing a long the lines still concern me but we have a lot of OS flavors and I believe on giving the try to all and find the one that fit me the best.

Can't disagree with that one bit!

Most reactions

Latest posts