What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New mini ipad keeps disconnecting

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With a more precise description it would be easier to help you.

However, here are a few things you can try. If they don't help, please provide more information.

First of all, try restarting and resetting your iPad.
Restart: turn off your iPad, wait for a few minutes, turn it on again.
Reset (reboot): press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Release both and let your device power up.

Turn off Wi-Fi, then on again (Settings - Wi-Fi).
Also there: tap the network that doesn't connect and choose "Forget this network" on the next page. You will have to set up this Wi-Fi connection once more.

If this doesn't help, reset your network settings in Settings - General - Reset. This will remove every information about your networks on your iPad. You'll have to set them up again afterwards.

If nothing I suggested solves your problem, maybe the router is the reason for it.

Last edited:
OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok I have it set up for wi Fi connection the same as I have on my iPad..... it wrks well for a few hours then when i go to find something on the internet it comes up as cannot find page as ipad is not connected to internet....when i go back into my settings on it..i look at Wi Fi on the left of the page and it says Not connected....

I tried the reset buttons made no difference...tried switching it off then back on No difference...still not connected.....so went in and checked the Wi Fi section it is showing
as connected that is the little button has green on it.... then under that is choose a network >> other> then under that is Ask to join Networks>>. well in the choose a network we inserted the WiFi and at first it connected but after sitting idle ( while I am reading or it is sitting)
it disconnects and wont find the WiFi again

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seems to be OK now took it and sat it right next to the Wi Fi unit and it connected after quite a while, ad has stayed connected since. so all good,,,, Thanks everyone

Most reactions

Latest posts