What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

victor_sniffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.
Science teacher here. Looking for neat things to use in class (like apps that don't have a direct equivalent on MBP or pc, can be turned around quickly, produce data, provide feedback etc). You know, the usual stuff that techie teachers want to hunt around for.
Will be looking at a few apps to use in science/physics teaching this coming September in a new school. Key thing this term is using it to help me in one-to-ones in class, since I'll be the only iPad in class/school...
Ideas
Exoplanet - v nice dead simple and so blooming obvious (I'll be using this with Kepler)
Fermi sky
Solar walk - first impressions - perhaps not as good as celestia, but
Star walk
Kepler
SPARKvue- for seismometer readings in earthquake simulations
Video physics - analyse motion from videos shot of class experiments (good for uk A level?)
Molecules - 10 years ago I wished for a way to manipulate 3D models in class on a big screen, now will be able to take round on my 1- to-1 with struggling pupils
3D sun - nice cutaways
Science360 - source of amazing photos
ShowMe - powerful screen record & upload of screen casts, great for later embedding into class blogs/wikis for pupils to analyse where & why other pupils are experiencing difficulties... Trying to promote self help within class
Bento + photos to track pupil data & learn names
Numbers + 'forms' ( which weirdly don't come in the Mac version) to take registers and effort grades on the fly as I walk around
Uploading photos and vies to blogs and my classes wiki textbook
Plan it DMU - for my timetable
IBooks & Kindle for my free-textbooks (never going to buy one again! )
Think book - great for meeting notes
Day one - great for journaling
Daily notes - for keeping multiple notebooks
Evernote- no intro necessary
Wunderlist- keeping an unorganised teacher more organised!
TED- for filling up those blank dead 10 minutes stretches in what uk schools call 'form period'

And I'm sure I'll think of some more but I have only had this iPad-y thing a week or two

Well, that's my intro
Cheers
VS

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a bit too old but I think I want to be in your class......sounds like its going to be fun!

Welcome to the forum.

The Archangel

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts