What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lyng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

i just bought an ipad for my son. i am still figuring out the functions
of the ipad. please forgive me if i am asking stupid questions in the other threads. thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
L

lyng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim,

thanks for your manuals. it does helps me a lot.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi :) may I know if I can download Skype in my iPad2? thanks

There is no iPad-specific version of the Skype app, but the iPhone Skype app works just fine. Of course, the display is only iPhone size, but both audio and video work perfectly.

As you'll know, Microsoft have just acquired Skype and there were questions asked as to whether they would continue cross-platform support but all the indications are that they will, so they'll hopefully be an iPad-specific version of the Skype app before too long. But, until then, the iPhone version works just fine.

Tim

OP
L

lyng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Hi Tim,

sorry to interrupt you again. you had posted this link Apple - Support - Manuals but now how do i transfer it to my ipad.

i had saved this manual onto my desktop only.

thanks for your patience.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim
Scotland

Hi Tim,

sorry to interrupt you again. you had posted this link Apple - Support - Manuals but now how do i transfer it to my ipad.

i had saved this manual onto my desktop only.

thanks for your patience.

You can simply download it using Safari and then transfer it to iBooks. If you select that link when you're on your iPad, Safari will download the manual. If you 'touch' the resulting screen once the manual has downloaded and opened you'll be offered the option of transferring the manual to iBooks, where you can keep it as an off-line reference.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts