What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joanne13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello :)

Just introducing myself. I'm considering purchasing a iPad so thought I'd get some 'education' here before hand. I use the generic phone that came with our Verizon service and so far I don't have any Apple devices.

I did have one question however. When I tried to create my sig and upload my picture + an icon each time all I got was a message saying 'Unable to save image'. Anyone know why that's happening?

Thanks & by for now! :D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you're having trouble uploading the image (I assume you're doing this from a PC, you can't do it from the iPad Forum app or from an iPad) there are specific constraints on the size of the image - i.e. the number of pixels, so you'll need to check that your image conforms to the size required.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
J

Joanne13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. :)

I just now tried again to upload an avatar which was only 56 x 67 pixels and a tiny bit over 4 KB. It showed in the window when I clicked 'Save changes' but then the page changed and I got a message saying 'Upload of file failed'.

I still can't save my sig either.

I don't know what the problem is. Any suggestions? :(

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. :)

I just now tried again to upload an avatar which was only 56 x 67 pixels and a tiny bit over 4 KB. It showed in the window when I clicked 'Save changes' but then the page changed and I got a message saying 'Upload of file failed'.

I still can't save my sig either.

I don't know what the problem is. Any suggestions? :(

It will always say, "upload failed", when trying to save image. It says that after you hit the "save changes" page. At the end of it all it will say upload failed, for some reason.

Now if that says: "unable to save image" We have a problem.

Did you actually check to see if it was there?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got was a message saying 'Unable to save image'. Anyone know why that's happening?

Thanks & by for now! :D

Joanne ~ we did have an issue with that. But that one has been resolved.

It will always say, as I already mentioned, "upload failed" on the very last page. Ignore that.

Most reactions