What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hartsfieldl1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi to all,
Just a brief introduction. I received my iPad 2 last Thursday and been enjoying it a great deal. I live in Durango, Colorado where I teach English and Environmental Studies at Fort Lewis College. I'm already finding many ways that the iPad is going to be useful, and I'm looking forward to learning about even more ways to use it.

I do have a question. I'm currently working on a book, and I'm trying to produce it exclusively with the iPad. I have the external keyboard from Apple, and I'm using Pages. So far everything is going very well, but I'm curious about whether or not anyone has produced a book exclusively on the iPad and if there are things I should be worried about or aware of.

Best,
Larry Hartsfield
Durango, Colorado

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

I saw your question about producing a book exclusively on the iPad using an external keyboard and Pages. I don't there are any real issues that you need to be aware of. I guess, if you're planning to publish it electronically, using iBooks or Kindle, you'll eventually need to translate it to an appropriate format, but there are several tools out there that will allow you to do this. I use Pages a lot too for writing technical articles and I find the lack of an automatic table of contents an issue - so I transfer the final document to my laptop for the features that I can't install using Pages.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
H

hartsfieldl1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks, Tim. I haven't run into any problems with Pages so far, and I've been syncing what I'm writing to my iDisk in both Pages and Word format, so I'll have it available in case I need to use my laptop on the manuscript at any time. So far Pages is proving to be a great Word Processor for the iPad.

Larry Hartsfield
Durango, Colorado

Most reactions

Latest posts