What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jknotts66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, my wife and I just picked up an itouch for her and an iPad for myself. So far we love them but it didn't take long before we found that Wi+F spots weren't always easy to find and forget about using either device when in the car while raverling around. So with a little asking around We discovered a little Mi-Fi unit which was on a promotional deal from Verizon free if you were a Verizon customer and only a $30 a month data charge. The cool thing about it is that it works with both the iTouch and the iPad2 as well. My daughater lives in Atlanta and my wife uses Fave Time all the time. Be great if it works in the car...ha
I can't wait to see how well it works (don't get it until next Wed). Any of you have any experience with the little MiFi units?
Look for any feedback you might have to offer.
Thanks,
JimK66

Last edited:

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive used a MiFi unit and there actually pretty cool. I could hook up my laptop and my girlfriend could use her iPod touch to surf the net. Depending on the data plan you get, you shouldnt have an issue with it.

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have an Android phone you can root it and use wifi-tether for free. It's the EXACT same thing as the mifi hotspot that you are paying $30/mo for. OR if you have a Droid Incredible there is a way to get into the programming menu and turn the feature on for free. Enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts