1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by sluebke, Sep 23, 2010.

1. sluebke

sluebke iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Guys,
    I am Sally and I live near Corsicana, TX. I am starting to look at Ipads as my next portable computer. i have never had a mac, but the help that I have gotten with Apple and my Ipod has been so remarkable that I am really interested in how you guys like yours and what all you do with them.
    sluebke
  2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Welcome to the forum!

The iPad, while very portable, is not strictly speaking a replacement for a true portable computer like a laptop or even a netbook. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the heck out of my iPad, but I knew what it could and could not do before I bought it. My primary reason for buying it was to read books and have some music and maybe a few videos and everything else it can do is a bonus.

What kind of things were you hoping to do with your iPad and maybe we can tell you if it is possible.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  3. sluebke

sluebke iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the reply, I think that is basically interested in about the same kind of thing. What else do you frequently use yours for?