What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member...Xoom convert

pcom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on a XOOM and have been running ICS for a couple of months -- a custom ROM built from released 4.0.4 source. I love both my XOOM and my iPad 3 for different reasons. One does some things better for me than the other and vice versa. For my part, one's not better than the other, they're different and I use them for different purposes.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also new to the ipad from the xoom. The ipad is my first Apple device of any kind. The jury is still out for me to which operating system I like best. Apple has the best selection of apps and gets them first but Android has better free ones and works better with MS office. I am not a fan of the Apple closed system and mostly don't like Itunes much. It is a pain to get info from apple to pc and much easier with android. If the ipad had a micro sd slot it would be much easier to use.
It is also hard for a noobie like me to find the back button on all the apps. It seems it sometime is hidden and you have to tap in the right place to get it to show. The dedicated back button is much simpler. I will get use to the ipad and learn how to use it.

My biggest gripe coming from Android is the back button as well... The UI is more intuitive on Android, but it is better on the iPad if that makes sense lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Walt Cullop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gave my Xoom to my sister when the iPad arrived. Glad I did it. I agree about some of the restraints of Apple but it is those restraints that make it work. A uniform operating system with quality control on apps is what makes this work so well.

I knew the Xoom was a loser when it was the butt of a joke on two and a half men during Kutcher's first appearance.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ckmerc said:
Christm ..what do you think so far? I just got sick of waiting for ice cream sandwich to come along and remedy the glitches...

Same feeling, though I had a plan to get the iPad 3 since the two came out. I expected the next one to have an HD screen and it does not disappoint.

I still keep my android table but it's just not getting as much use now. I am still looking forward to ICS.

Most reactions