What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member with Camera and PhotoBoth apps problem

paulmcisaac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having been an Apple user since the early 1980s, I have had a fair amount of experience with the Apple 2, Macintosh 30, various laptops and desktops and now use a MacBook Pro for work and personal.
My wife recently got an iPad 2 and has found it challenging, to say the least. We have worked out most of the kinks but are still stuck with problems with the Camera and Photoboth apps. The camera "shutter" is frozen closed and PhotoBooth just shows the curtain opening repeatedly upon launch.
An interesting point is that our local (small town) Apple approved service bureau just sent my wife back home with the problem, saying her husband (me!) should be able to correct the problems. I can't and am disappointed that this is what a 3-year warranty has come to.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My, that's a pretty poor effort that they haven't tried to fix your iPad for you. When apps play up we have certain steps to run through. The first step is to close these apps completely and then relaunch them. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press an app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly. Have a go and see if they work now and let us know.

mongo5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LeiLai - YOU ROCK !!! Thank you for your post - solved my problem right away - and even I could follow your clear directions. Can't thank you enough. We just got our I-Pad around a month ago and I would have been really lost without your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts