What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member with a problem

tamlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am a teacher and I have a first gen iPad and love it. I use it for everything and never had a problem. I have a 64, wifi 3 g recently my mom bought a 64 wifi and we got it connected to her wifi and she was great. About a week ago I think her wifi went down but she got it going again. The problem is she can get wifi on her laptop but the wifi on her iPad says no wifi. It will not come up to even join networks. We have reset networks, turned it off and on , we unplugged her router and modem, and still no luck. I need help she is about to through it in the yard. I know we are overlooking something but I don't know what! HELP

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the iPad has previously been joined to this WiFi, as you suggest, then telling the iPad to 'forget all networks' can often work - i.e. you need to completely set up the WiFi network again.

Another solution is to try a complete reboot. Turn the iPad off and then press and hold the Power and Home buttons for about 9 seconds until the white Apple logo appears - it can take quite a time - and the iPad will then reboot. This, too, takes some time so be patient. Hopefully this will fix the problem but, if it doesn't, don't hesitate to post again and we'll suggest some other possible solutions.

Tim

OP
T

tamlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
If the iPad has previously been joined to this WiFi, as you suggest, then telling the iPad to 'forget all networks' can often work - i.e. you need to completely set up the WiFi network again.

Another solution is to try a complete reboot. Turn the iPad off and then press and hold the Power and Home buttons for about 9 seconds until the white Apple logo appears - it can take quite a time - and the iPad will then reboot. This, too, takes some time so be patient. Hopefully this will fix the problem but, if it doesn't, don't hesitate to post again and we'll suggest some other possible solutions.

Tim

Thank you so much for responding. We tried rebooting. It didn't work. Still says no wifi. We can't even get in to " forget all networks". We did reset all networks a couple of days ago and we were able to enter her I D and password and when she hit join it couldn't find and went back to no wifi we tried to reset again and we cannot even get back to enter anything. We have unplugged her router and modem and plugged it back in still the same and yet the laptop still receives it. At a loss, will keep trying anything so throw out more suggestions if you have some and once again thank you for your help. Tammi

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some people have had problems with security settings. Check to see if you didn't set the security to something other than WPA or WPA2 when it got set up the second time.

Most reactions

Latest posts