What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member, New iPad

spyrou77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, all...

I just bought (online) a brand-new iPad Mini 3 in the gold color. I got the basic WiFi-only 16GB version, since I'm mostly going to be using it as my phone book/organizer, and for basic internet browsing/posting. I've wanted an iPad for a while, since I wanted something that was basically the same as my iPod Touch, but with a larger screen, so that typing would be a bit less cumbersome. The other iPad models are a bit too big for me, and I didn't need the absolute top-of-the-line Mini 4, as I don't need to spend that much. So, the fact that the Mini 3 was there, and in gold made me take the plunge.

I'm sure I'll have questions as time goes by, and I get more familiar with my new device. One thing I'd actually like to know, is what the wallpaper resolution is for the Mini 3? I have been looking for an Apple rose gold-themed wallpaper to use, like the one below (for the iPod Touch), but I can't find one just like it that's (supposedly) big enough. I think the rose gold wallpaper would compliment the gold iPad well, IMO.

3a4ce14f35c623c45dea78077c65822a.jpg

OP
S

spyrou77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. :)

So, I just discovered via YouTube that the Health app from the iPod Touch/iPhone isn't on the iPad. Can anyone here suggest a good medical ID type of app, that would allow me to list all my medicines and so on, that isn't too complex and cluttered... something basic? IDK why the Health app wouldn't work on the iPad... if it's on an iPod Touch or iPhone, it should logically work on an iPad, if you download it onto an iPad from the App Store, right?

Also, what are some good drawing/art apps that you can suggest?

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm that is a good question and I don't know what to tell you. There is one app that came on my mini 2 that you can draw with and thats called notes.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Health app does not work on the iPad because it's meant to work with the Apple Watch (which collects much of your health data). The Apple Watch does not work with the iPad because it needs close proximitey to the iOS device, and you're far less likley to have an iPad within 30 feet of you than your iPhone.

I was not aware that the Health app worked on the iPod (though most iPhone apps do). There is little benifit, since the iPod can't supply the LTE and GPS needed for many of the watches features.

As far as keeping your medical data handy, pretty much any note app can do this. But if you are looking for the abilty for a resonder to pull critical health data from your phone without your help, then you won't find anything. Only the Health app has the system level security permissions to do this.

What you could do is create a lock screen with critical information on it, like blood type, allergies, and emergency numbers.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. :)

So, I just discovered via YouTube that the Health app from the iPod Touch/iPhone isn't on the iPad. Can anyone here suggest a good medical ID type of app, that would allow me to list all my medicines and so on, that isn't too complex and cluttered... something basic? IDK why the Health app wouldn't work on the iPad... if it's on an iPod Touch or iPhone, it should logically work on an iPad, if you download it onto an iPad from the App Store, right?

Also, what are some good drawing/art apps that you can suggest?

I would recommend Inspire Pro for a painting/drawing App. It was one of the first Apps I bought for my original iPad 2. I have it on my latest version and it is very comprehensive. There is also a lite version, which I haven't tried.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I would like to add that although I think the iPhone's Medical ID is neat, and using the lock screen could serve a similar purpose; I would not depend on them alone to comunicate critical medical information in an emergency. Things break. The more traditionaly medical bracelet or dog tag style methods are much more dependable.

Most reactions

Latest posts