What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member from Walla WAlla

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We do have a Walla Walla in Oz but it's in the Riverina area of New South Wales (on the Murray River, the longest in Australia) and a very long way from WA (Western Australia) - Looks like a nice little town:)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368536046.567199.jpg
Credit: Hume Shire

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
A

A1CNick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gosh, I didn't know there was a Walla Walla, WA Down Under!
As TP says, we're in Southeastern Washington State (that's USA), and are mostly an agricultural area. There is a College (Whitman), a University (Walla Walla University, part of the Loma Linda family), and a community college (tied for the best CC in the US for 2012). Wine has become a very big thing here, with 90+ wineries in the county. There's even a Walla Walla AVA (that's American Viticulture Area), and you can earn a degree in either enology or viticulture from Walla Walla Community College. As far as other agricultural products go, we're big on wheat, peas, beans, and Walla Walla Sweet onions. Right now, we're at the tail-end of the asparagus season...love it. Last weekend we had the hot air balloon festival.
Walla Walla allegedly means "many waters" in a Native American dialect.
TP's hometown of Dayton is a neat place, too. One of the best restaurants in Washington State (in my opinion) is the Patit Creek Restaurant just outside of Dayton. Nearly as great is the Whoopemup Hollow Cafe, in Dayton, which features Southern comfort food. Both these restaurants are a little hard to get into...reservations definitely a must. Plus, they're not inexpensive.
The annual parade in Dayton is coming up this month, isn't it, TP?
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The annual parade in Dayton is coming up this month, isn't it, TP?

It is. The 25th of May. I'd forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.

It's now officially Fair Season. The various cities and towns in the area will be putting on fairs, rodeos, car shows, or all three until winter shuts them down. At least one or two a month.

Most reactions