What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member Fid

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greetings. I'm new here, but not new to computers. Started using computers in 1978 at an accounting office in
Japan. I play stringed instruments, especially guitar and fiddle. The user name Fiddler was taken so I went for the
name I used playing CFT at hating and trinicom years ago. I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad. I work doing IT stuff for the government. I like to get away by riding my bike for twenty or so miles.
I am looking forward to hooking up my electric guitars up to my iPad to see what can be done in AniMoog and GarageBand for iPad. It should work much better than using the onboard mic.
I had a lot of trouble with the upgrade to iOS 5 on the iPhone 4, but not with the iPad. I really like the new options in
iOS 5.
May all of your days be wonderful.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Fid! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Welcome again and enjoy!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
Fid

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for making me feel welcome. I hope I have something to contribute to this place to keep it going strong.
The iPad Forums app works real well even though I am on a dialup connection. There is also no cell reception at my house.
I live up a canyon about six miles from town. There's about 900 people in town. That might be including all of the people who live further out than me. To get satellite Internet I'd ha e to cut down a few old oak trees. I'm not that interested.
Any way, I have a wifi antennae hooked up to an external modem which auto dials when needed. It makes it nice with the iPad. YouTube takes a long time to load though.

Most reactions

Latest posts