What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member checking in

kimig1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My computing goes back to the Vic 20, through the good old amstrad, as far as the hateful Win7. Thought I would try something different, but pretty old now, so will appreciate any helpful tips members can provide. iPad arrived today, and already I am struggling. I have had the same email address for many years, but iPad is saying I can't have that. Also a bit of difficulty going back to a previous page....etc, etc. Just downloaded the Guide, so may do a little better. If not, hope you guys can help me along?
cheers Kimig

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Don't be fooled by the list of supported mail clients. The iPad will work with any IMAP or POP3 mail server, as well as Exchange. Very few mail servers aren't supported. You'll need to choose the Other option and add the mail information that way. Make sure you have all the server and user info before starting. Always choose IMAP or Exchange if give the choice. POP has very limited syncing abiltiy, and tends to get confused when used from multiple computers. I'm sure you've been through this before. ;)

Going back to a previous page is pretty much limited to inside apps. The only way out of an app is (usually) to press the home key. As a short cut you can double tap the home key to get a list of recent apps. The most recent are suspended in RAM and will start up right where you left off.

Have fun.

Most reactions

Latest posts