1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New member checking in

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by kimig1, Apr 15, 2011.

1. kimig1

kimig1 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My computing goes back to the Vic 20, through the good old amstrad, as far as the hateful Win7. Thought I would try something different, but pretty old now, so will appreciate any helpful tips members can provide. iPad arrived today, and already I am struggling. I have had the same email address for many years, but iPad is saying I can't have that. Also a bit of difficulty going back to a previous page....etc, etc. Just downloaded the Guide, so may do a little better. If not, hope you guys can help me along?
    cheers Kimig
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  2. FruitJuice

FruitJuice iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome mate

Don't worry be happy
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,978 / 1
    Welcome to the forum.

Don't be fooled by the list of supported mail clients. The iPad will work with any IMAP or POP3 mail server, as well as Exchange. Very few mail servers aren't supported. You'll need to choose the Other option and add the mail information that way. Make sure you have all the server and user info before starting. Always choose IMAP or Exchange if give the choice. POP has very limited syncing abiltiy, and tends to get confused when used from multiple computers. I'm sure you've been through this before. ;)

Going back to a previous page is pretty much limited to inside apps. The only way out of an app is (usually) to press the home key. As a short cut you can double tap the home key to get a list of recent apps. The most recent are suspended in RAM and will start up right where you left off.

Have fun.
  4. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0

You're killin me here. I can't stop laughing!

Welcome, from Cali! Glad you found us and there are some great folks here that can help you!
  5. Good karma

Good karma iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Welcome to the forum and enjoy your ipad

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.1