1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New, looking for info

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Cher31e, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Cher31e

Cher31e iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi found you, out of concern. Someone contacted me,via eBay,worried due to trying to put his iPad 2 on a network
    He found it had been blacklisted. He asked how was mine.
    I am now frantically trying to find out how you do this.
    I have tried putting a couple of sims in, and they are noted at top of screen, but I have not tried to set up an account
    as yet.
    How would you check if everything is good??
    The guy is trying to contact our seller, I will have o wait and see how it oes.
    But I would
    I've to check mine is ok. I have only been using my wifi since I bought it.
    Could you please help.
    Thank you
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    You would need to contact the service provider. A 'black listed' mobile or iPad is blacklisted on the basis of its IMEI - International Mobile Equipment Identity - number, not the actual SIM card or mobile number that's allocated to it. The IMEI is tied to the actual hardware of the equipment - i.e. the 'phone or iPad. So you can either try to authorise a SIM and see if it works OK or contact the service provider with the IMEI (it's in 'Settings', 'About').

Tim