What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New leaks suggest there could be a space grey version of the iPad 5

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score

​​Apple always manages to create a huge buzz around its upcoming devices. The power of the Apple marque is mesmerizing for many consumers and we’ve seen recently that for the first time in 13 years, Apple has managed to overtake Coca-Cola to become world’s most valuable brand.

We’ve seen the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c and the impressive sales Apple managed to obtain during the launch weekend. Now, we’re eagerly waiting for the iPad 5 and next-gen iPad Mini launch. After seeing awesome concept pictures that were showing a gold iPad Mini we’re not treated with what seems to be a very detailed video showing iPad 5’s physical changes.

As you can see from the above video, posted by Sw-box.com, the iPad 5 seems to carry the same design language as the current iPad Mini. The uploader of the video is actually a Chinese supplier which also seems to have already a replacement back case for the iPad 5, its entire descriptions goes like this “OEM Genuine iPad 5 Metal Aluminum Battery Back Cover Housing Replacement Part (Wifi Version) - Greyâ€. This also seems to strengthen the rumor that next iPad, both the iPad 5 and the next-generation iPad Mini might adopt the new space grey color. The new color option is currently being offered with the iPhone 5s, probably to serve as a replacement for black, which is now absent.

More than a week ago, Sonny Dickson, the Australian blogger known for his mysterious, yet precious leaks, has also revealed leaked pics of the iPad 5 coming in space grey.

What do you think about this color? Do you find it more enjoyable than black or not?

Source 1: MacRumors
Source 2: SW-Box iPad 5 replacement part web page
Source 3: Sonny Dickson

Last edited by a moderator:

dwhygienist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the grey. Not sure about gold. I keep my product in a full cover anyway( I express my wild side in covers for my devices ) Black or white is boring- i realize it's more costly for a company to produce something in multiple colors if one color does not sell as well- it's just a case cover, not the product. i understand the gold iPhone 5S sold out first.
Still waiting to see exactly what the iPad 5 will have "under the hood". Once announced, the iPad 4 will drop in price so it's win win for me- some great new feature in the iPad 5 or save $ on a iPad 4.
Two more weeks till the supposed announcement.

sentinelace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe we need something droid doesn't have other than colors? I can't even drop file attachments in emails......apple is going down hill and they wonder why the stick is dropping? How about give us more options, a better price and lost of all something we can customize

Keep this up and you will be the next black berry as the battle is being lost and apple is way behind

sentinelace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe we need something droid doesn't have other than colors? I can't even drop file attachments in emails......apple is going down hill and they wonder why the stick is dropping? How about give us more options, a better price and lost of all something we can customize Keep this up and you will be the next black berry as the battle is being lost and apple is way behind
Stock lol

Most reactions