What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New leaked pictures show the next-gen iPad Mini in new “Space Gray†color

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
iPad-Mini-2-Gray.jpg
iPad-Mini-2-Gray-03.jpg
ipadmini-spacegray-1-20130918.jpg

Yesterday, we showed you some concept pictures that were depicting the next-generation iPad Mini sporting a more than appealing gold color. While those images were illustrating a potentially gorgeous iPad Mini, there are slim chances it’s going to see the sunlight, probably because of potential production difficulties.

This time we’re getting reports of a more conservative c​​olor - space gray. The images have been uncovered by French blog NowhereElse.fr. An iPad Mini with the space gray color would make sense, since there is already an iPhone 5 version that comes with the same color.

It seems that Apple has decided that space gray is the new black, as both the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c lack this almost universal color. Moreover, the new "space gray" color option has been also extended to the new iPod models, the iPod touch, iPod nano and iPod shuffle all replacing black with space gray. If Apple decides to keep the same logic with the iPad Mini, then chances are we’re going to see a silver and a space gray iPad Mini.

The next-generation iPad mini and the iPad 5 could be announced by Apple at an event in October. Among the expected improvements for the smaller iPad Mini are the high-resolution Retina display; and Apple is probably also going to make it lighter and thinner.

What do you think about the new color? Does it make the iPad Mini look more stylish or you think nothing can replace the good old black?

Source: NoWhereElse

ljmart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im loving the space grey color! really quite nice. i love all things black, but from what i can tell, space grey is going to be my new black ;) (at least for the ipad!)

cecilrwilliams

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Color has never been a must buy decision. I want speed, functionality, and SD card for storage. Stop with trying to outdo google maps. Office 365 built in, a full feature movie creator/editor. Better Photo folder, with users options. Control Center allows one to enable Bluetooth; however, you cannot select or pair device. Useless without this capability.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that space grey is a very smart colour, but what the Ipad mini really needs is the Retina Screen, not that the current non retina mini iPad is bad when i use it at the apple store:ipad-keyboard:

Most reactions