1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New Ipad3... help.

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by gilfordberry, Sep 5, 2012.

1. gilfordberry

gilfordberry iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK, haven't been involved with an Apple product since my Apple II+ a long, long time ago. But I like the convenience of the Ipad and recently decided to give it a try. My problems were immediate: In trying to configure my new Ipad, and trying to connect to my local area network (there are already 3 computers and a wireless printer on the network - all the computers are running windows 7 - one ultimate, one professional, and one home premium.)

When I try to connect to the network, (which the Ipad identified by its name), entering the password didn't help. All I get is a failed to connect message. I've tried changing the network password, and that didn't help. I've noticed that the lan info says the password will connect another computer running windows 7 - it doesn't mention what to do to get the Ipad to connect. I'm sure this is a minor glitch, but unless you know how to do it, it's kinda like being stuck with nowhere to go....help!
  2. LannyC

LannyC iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +351 / 0
    Did you set up your router to accept only specifically-permitted devices? If so, you'll need to create an account for the iPad, or give it guest access. How to do that depends on your particular router.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.
  3. ogilley

ogilley iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I'm curious. Did you solve this yet? If so, what was the issue?

Sent from my iPad using iPF