What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new ipad2 user

bjb148

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seamaster97 said:
Try a spritz of armor all on the leather smart cover and wipe off with a clean piece of cloth instead of shoe polish. Quick and effective. Shoe polish residue can transfer onto other stuff it comes into contact with and create quite a mess.

Read this after I posted above. Would "Armor All" work for the cream leather?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

seamaster97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bjb148 said:
Read this after I posted above. Would "Armor All" work for the cream leather?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Works for me. Any cleaning material that's labeled for leather should work fine as long as it's not tinted like the conventional shoe polishes. Also tried Eagle One for car leather seats. Works great too. Just be careful in handling it after application because newly polished leather does tend to be slippery. You just might end up inadvertently dropping your iPad.

kevmars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes im coming to the conclusion that i dont need one,i have the smart cover on mine anyway,i went a bit mad and got the leather one,black,love the way it wakes up my ipad2,also now im using a stylus i get less marks anyway,btw i got the stylus for that reason but now love it as its so accurate and i can type faster.im wondering now about the back of my ipad,will it scratch easily? should i cover and what with?

Hi Poison ivy

where did you get your stylus from and how much was it??

Also has anyone got any ideas where i can get a decent sturdy cover from as i would like to use it as a stand aswell for my ipad 2??

thanks

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Also has anyone got any ideas where i can get a decent sturdy cover from as i would like to use it as a stand aswell for my ipad 2??

thanks

There are numerous threads on both of these topics. I wouldn't touch the cover question simply because so much depends on personal taste, price, design for use as a stand, etc.

On the stylus issue, though, I have a firm opinion. Go to iFaraday.com and buy one. If you're unsure about the various models, take a $10 risk and get the standard model in a randomly selected color. Otherwise, choose one that meets your specific needs.

I can practically guarantee you won't be sorry. The iFaraday stylus is simply superior to any other stylus I've used. (And I've tried a bunch.)

Nakcol24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seamaster97 said:
I went through three expensive screen protectors by different brands during the first month of my iPad 1 back in April 2010. It was just a waste of money. No film will remain pristine for longer than a few weeks. Pretty soon, these sustain scuffs, scratches, and fades. Ugly. Ultimately decided not to use any. Until the other week when I upgraded to an iPad 2, my unprotected ipad 1's screen remains without any scuffs or scratches.

Naturally, my new iPad 2 remains without any gratuitous screen protector.

I completely agree. I HATE those screen protectors. I also tried one with the first iPad and ended up taking it off by the end of the day! I use the smart cover and have case that protects the back. I have never gotten a scratch. The protector in my opinion makes the screen look greasy.

Sent from my iPad 2 64G 3G using iPF

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
kevmars said:
Hi Poison ivy

thanks

Hi,I got my stylus from carphonewarehouse,it's a griffin and very good,it should have been £14.99 but it's on offer at £10.16

Most reactions