What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new ipad2 user

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi everyone,i just got my ipad2 yesterday so any hints and tips would be great,only one thing i dont like up to now,finger prints on the screen,i got a stylus today which cuts down somewhat,how you keep your screen clean?

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't. I simply accept it as the price one pays for using one's finger. Still, when it gets really bad, I use a good eyeglass cleaner and microfiber cloth.

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep a high quality microfiber cloth, actually a Meguiar's detailing cloth, in a plastic bag inside the bag i carry my iPad in. Wipe it down once or twice a day, sometimes more, sometimes less.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you,most people seem to use a micro fibre cloth,I will get one,I was thinking about a screen protector too,bit tricky to apply tho.

Sunnyshine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi everyone,i just got my ipad2 yesterday so any hints and tips would be great,only one thing i dont like up to now,finger prints on the screen,i got a stylus today which cuts down somewhat,how you keep your screen clean?

Hi i also will become a new ipad 2 user,i will buy the ipad 2 in two weeks :D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
great forum

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free. p.s. i installed a great app called Flipboard,brilliant,have a look if you dont have it.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

thankyou all,im really enjoying this forum,great to know there are people out there willing to share.

Last edited:

Jaeme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Zagg screen protector, it works great. It does dull a screen a bit, but its worth it to me for that added protection and peace of mind.

the iPad video is about halfway down the page.

ZAGG | Installation Videos

seamaster97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
Thank you,most people seem to use a micro fibre cloth,I will get one,I was thinking about a screen protector too,bit tricky to apply tho.

I went through three expensive screen protectors by different brands during the first month of my iPad 1 back in April 2010. It was just a waste of money. No film will remain pristine for longer than a few weeks. Pretty soon, these sustain scuffs, scratches, and fades. Ugly. Ultimately decided not to use any. Until the other week when I upgraded to an iPad 2, my unprotected ipad 1's screen remains without any scuffs or scratches.

Naturally, my new iPad 2 remains without any gratuitous screen protector.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
no screen protector

poisonivy said:

I went through three expensive screen protectors by different brands during the first month of my iPad 1 back in April 2010. It was just a waste of money. No film will remain pristine for longer than a few weeks. Pretty soon, these sustain scuffs, scratches, and fades. Ugly. Ultimately decided not to use any. Until the other week when I upgraded to an iPad 2, my unprotected ipad 1's screen remains without any scuffs or scratches.

Naturally, my new iPad 2 remains without any gratuitous screen protector.

yes im coming to the conclusion that i dont need one,i have the smart cover on mine anyway,i went a bit mad and got the leather one,black,love the way it wakes up my ipad2,also now im using a stylus i get less marks anyway,btw i got the stylus for that reason but now love it as its so accurate and i can type faster.im wondering now about the back of my ipad,will it scratch easily? should i cover and what with?

Last edited:

seamaster97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
yes im coming to the conclusion that i dont need one,i have the smart cover on mine anyway,i went a bit mad and got the leather one,black,love the way it wakes up my ipad2,also now im using a stylus i get less marks anyway,btw i got the stylus for that reason but now love it as its so accurate and i can type faster.

Great choice!

I got the black leather smart cover as well since I read negative feedback before i upgraded to the ipad 2 about how the polyurethane version collects dust and stains easily. Bit the bullet with the black leather but have no regrets. Very sleek and low maintenance. Also got the black Speck SmartShell for the back of the iPad 2. Perfect combo for me and sates the desire to go through a mad hop from one new case form factor to another like what I did during my iPad 1 days. Very expensive and impulsive back then.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know what you mean,I think I was so excited that day I could have been talked into buying anything iPad related,still I'm happy with my choice of cover,if starts to look tired some black shoe polish will smarten it right up again.

lenbo41

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Minimalist

I prefer to minimize everything surrounding my iPad. No Bluetooth keyboard, no earbuds, no screen protector for fingerprints, no add-on joystick, etc. Just the iPad, charging unit and a protective case (the iPad is a slippery object in my bare hands, so some kind of case is really all I need).

I like to KISS it (keep it simply simple).

Jaxtah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lenbo41 said:
I prefer to minimize everything surrounding my iPad. No Bluetooth keyboard, no earbuds, no screen protector for fingerprints, no add-on joystick, etc. Just the iPad, charging unit and a protective case (the iPad is a slippery object in my bare hands, so some kind of case is really all I need).

I like to KISS it (keep it simply simple).

Totally agree 

Sent from my iPad using iPF

seamaster97

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
I know what you mean,I think I was so excited that day I could have been talked into buying anything iPad related,still I'm happy with my choice of cover,if starts to look tired some black shoe polish will smarten it right up again.

Try a spritz of armor all on the leather smart cover and wipe off with a clean piece of cloth instead of shoe polish. Quick and effective. Shoe polish residue can transfer onto other stuff it comes into contact with and create quite a mess.

Most reactions