1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

new ipad2 user

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Poisonivy, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193 / 0
    hi everyone,i just got my ipad2 yesterday so any hints and tips would be great,only one thing i dont like up to now,finger prints on the screen,i got a stylus today which cuts down somewhat,how you keep your screen clean?
  2. oberkc

oberkc iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I don't. I simply accept it as the price one pays for using one's finger. Still, when it gets really bad, I use a good eyeglass cleaner and microfiber cloth.
  3. SingingSabre

SingingSabre iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I keep a high quality microfiber cloth, actually a Meguiar's detailing cloth, in a plastic bag inside the bag i carry my iPad in. Wipe it down once or twice a day, sometimes more, sometimes less.
  4. Poisonivy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193 / 0
    Thank you,most people seem to use a micro fibre cloth,I will get one,I was thinking about a screen protector too,bit tricky to apply tho.
  5. Sunnyshine

Sunnyshine iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi i also will become a new ipad 2 user,i will buy the ipad 2 in two weeks :D
  6. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
    Scotland
  7. Poisonivy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193 / 0
    great forum

thankyou all,im really enjoying this forum,great to know there are people out there willing to share.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  8. Jaeme

Jaeme iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I use a Zagg screen protector, it works great. It does dull a screen a bit, but its worth it to me for that added protection and peace of mind.

the iPad video is about halfway down the page.

ZAGG | Installation Videos
  9. seamaster97

seamaster97 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went through three expensive screen protectors by different brands during the first month of my iPad 1 back in April 2010. It was just a waste of money. No film will remain pristine for longer than a few weeks. Pretty soon, these sustain scuffs, scratches, and fades. Ugly. Ultimately decided not to use any. Until the other week when I upgraded to an iPad 2, my unprotected ipad 1's screen remains without any scuffs or scratches.

Naturally, my new iPad 2 remains without any gratuitous screen protector.
  10. Poisonivy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193 / 0
    no screen protector

yes im coming to the conclusion that i dont need one,i have the smart cover on mine anyway,i went a bit mad and got the leather one,black,love the way it wakes up my ipad2,also now im using a stylus i get less marks anyway,btw i got the stylus for that reason but now love it as its so accurate and i can type faster.im wondering now about the back of my ipad,will it scratch easily? should i cover and what with?
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  11. seamaster97

seamaster97 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great choice!

I got the black leather smart cover as well since I read negative feedback before i upgraded to the ipad 2 about how the polyurethane version collects dust and stains easily. Bit the bullet with the black leather but have no regrets. Very sleek and low maintenance. Also got the black Speck SmartShell for the back of the iPad 2. Perfect combo for me and sates the desire to go through a mad hop from one new case form factor to another like what I did during my iPad 1 days. Very expensive and impulsive back then.
  12. Poisonivy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +193 / 0
    I know what you mean,I think I was so excited that day I could have been talked into buying anything iPad related,still I'm happy with my choice of cover,if starts to look tired some black shoe polish will smarten it right up again.
  13. lenbo41

lenbo41 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Minimalist

I prefer to minimize everything surrounding my iPad. No Bluetooth keyboard, no earbuds, no screen protector for fingerprints, no add-on joystick, etc. Just the iPad, charging unit and a protective case (the iPad is a slippery object in my bare hands, so some kind of case is really all I need).

I like to KISS it (keep it simply simple).
  14. Jaxtah

Jaxtah iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Totally agree 

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  15. seamaster97

seamaster97 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try a spritz of armor all on the leather smart cover and wipe off with a clean piece of cloth instead of shoe polish. Quick and effective. Shoe polish residue can transfer onto other stuff it comes into contact with and create quite a mess.
  16. bjb148

bjb148 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Read this after I posted above. Would "Armor All" work for the cream leather?

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  17. seamaster97

seamaster97 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Works for me. Any cleaning material that's labeled for leather should work fine as long as it's not tinted like the conventional shoe polishes. Also tried Eagle One for car leather seats. Works great too. Just be careful in handling it after application because newly polished leather does tend to be slippery. You just might end up inadvertently dropping your iPad.
  18. kevmars

kevmars iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Poison ivy

where did you get your stylus from and how much was it??

Also has anyone got any ideas where i can get a decent sturdy cover from as i would like to use it as a stand aswell for my ipad 2??

thanks
  19. jsh1120

jsh1120 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    There are numerous threads on both of these topics. I wouldn't touch the cover question simply because so much depends on personal taste, price, design for use as a stand, etc.

On the stylus issue, though, I have a firm opinion. Go to iFaraday.com and buy one. If you're unsure about the various models, take a $10 risk and get the standard model in a randomly selected color. Otherwise, choose one that meets your specific needs.

I can practically guarantee you won't be sorry. The iFaraday stylus is simply superior to any other stylus I've used. (And I've tried a bunch.)
  20. Nakcol24

Nakcol24 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I completely agree. I HATE those screen protectors. I also tried one with the first iPad and ended up taking it off by the end of the day! I use the smart cover and have case that protects the back. I have never gotten a scratch. The protector in my opinion makes the screen look greasy.

Sent from my iPad 2 64G 3G using iPF