What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad2 user

dmeadows

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad just arrived today. Am charging it up. I understand that should be 4-5 hours. How come I can't get the screen to wake. When you are charging a laptop, you can use it plugged in, even if it had been completely out of battery life.
Once the charge is complete, will I be able to tap the screen to "waken" it?
Have downloaded latest version of iTunes, awaiting full charge.
What next?
Thanks for any and all advice for newbies.
dmeadows
PS: New to iPad but longtime Mac user.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad just arrived today. Am charging it up. I understand that should be 4-5 hours. How come I can't get the screen to wake. When you are charging a laptop, you can use it plugged in, even if it had been completely out of battery life.
Once the charge is complete, will I be able to tap the screen to "waken" it?
Have downloaded latest version of iTunes, awaiting full charge.
What next?
Thanks for any and all advice for newbies.
dmeadows
PS: New to iPad but longtime Mac user.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

I saw your problem - have you synch'd the iPad with your PC yet? You absolutely need to do that first of all - have a look at the User Manual to discover how to do that.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
D

dmeadows

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have downloaded user manual. am awaiting full charge then will sync new iPad2 with my iMac computer.
anything else for now?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All iPads absolutely need to be synch'd with iTunes first of all...so you'll need to have the latest version of iTunes on your PC and then, when you plug the iPad in, you should be able to sync the two.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts