What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad

darby10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't sync my photos from MacBook to my new ipad2. When I plug in my ipad to MacBook it tells me the new version of iTunes needs to be downloaded on ipad and I can't figure out how to do that. Any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
More likely it means you need to download the newest version of iTunes onto the MacBook. You can't download iTunes onto the iPad.

OP
D

darby10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the updated version on macbook, but still won't sync. Should I download iPhoto in ipad or aperture on MacBook?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What's it say again?

If it is saying it's going to update the iPad version, then just tell it no. If the left sidebar is no showing, go to the View menu and choose View Sidebar. In the sidebar right click on your device under the Devices list and choose Transfer Purchases.

This should convince iTunes that your iPad is ok (after transferring anything you bought in an iStore on the iPad to iTunes on the computer). When it's done, go to the Photos tab at the top, the set your sync as desired. On your MacBook you should have the option of syncing with iPhotos or with a folder of your choice.

iOS and iPod: Syncing photos using iTunes

Hold in mind that photos you sync through iTunes can only be removed via iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts