What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've only had mine for less than a month so I'm happy to wait until 2012 and get the iPad 3.

That's if the world didn't come to an end! Haha

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It really depends on what the iPad 2 brings. If it brings a complete overhaul to iOS and a new stupidly hi res screen, then this thing is sold. If it is a minor upgrade with a couple of cameras, then I will probably keep it. Either way, I will be comparing the iPad I have to the new Honeycomb Android tablets coming out and seeing which piece of hardware fits my needs the best.

Fatmikeuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll skip number 2 and upgrade at iPad 3 got this one on day of release and it's been great not really bothered about cameras.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The question for me is - right now a camera is not a "must-have" feature that would compel me to upgrade, but somehow if I end up getting the new device, I'll probably end up using it in a way that becomes indispensable.

It's a case of "why do I need an iPad" syndrome. When the first time iPad was announced, I didn't think all that much about it. Only after playing with in the store and getting one (as a gift), it's become indispensable and has largely replaced my laptop/desktop in day-to-day use.

darthluke12694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
tzimisce said:
It's a case of "why do I need an iPad" syndrome. When the first time iPad was announced, I didn't think all that much about it. Only after playing with in the store and getting one (as a gift), it's become indispensable and has largely replaced my laptop/desktop in day-to-day use.

I am the same way. I never thought that I would need something, but now I realize I use it everyday, and it has literally replaced my laptop about 90% of the time.

Personally, i don't care about a camera. I wouldn't use FaceTime even if I had that feature. Upgraded screen resolution, ehh so what. It would be cool, but I'm happy now.

My question is, how better will the iPad perform if it has a better processor, or more RAM, etc? Let's say the iPad 2 will have a better processor and more RAM. In one year for now, will i still be able to run new apps probably made for the iPad 2 on my iPad? Or will some of the new apps not run well on the iPad?

MsAmandaLove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm planning on keeping mine since I just got this a couple of weeks ago. Actually I had bought one right before new years and when i found out you
Can get returned ipads for cheaper. I took the 32 gig back to target went to best buy and bought the 64 gig for the same price as the 32.
But I really don't upgrade devices I just hold on to them for a long time. Like my ipod touch I had for 2 years and it still works.
I might upgrade that sometime but not anytime soon.

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure yet as I really don't care about having the camera(s) function. It really would have to offer something that I can not now for me to buy.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My question is, how better will the iPad perform if it has a better processor, or more RAM, etc? Let's say the iPad 2 will have a better processor and more RAM. In one year for now, will i still be able to run new apps probably made for the iPad 2 on my iPad? Or will some of the new apps not run well on the iPad?

When it comes to apps, I think it'll just be like the current model where you have apps which work only on iPhones, only on iPads as well as both iPhones+iPads.

The iPad2 will simply be another device which an app will or will not be compliant with, e.g. if it has a built-in camera, then obviously some camera apps for iPhone might work on iPad2 (and a camera app for iPad2 wouldn't be much use on iPad1, for obvious reasons.) It is as you say: an app designed for the faster/bigger hardware on iPad2 may not run as fast (or at all) on iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts