What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad

David Vice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question. When the iPad 2 arrives what will everyone do with their old ones????

OP
D

David Vice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Correct. But the two cameras are a plus. It gets me upset that I just bought this thing 2 weeks ago, and now theres a new iPad being released sometime this year. :(

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep it. Just got the thing several weeks ago. Enjoying every second too and as noted on other threads, I don't update computers every year like my iPhone. My home computers are all a few years old. I count iPad in that category.

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also got mine two weeks ago also. Don't plan on upgrading - unless wife wants one.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tend to use my devices until they stop working, or someone buys me a new one. (Both my iPad and iPhone were gifts last year.) So, nothing.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heh plenty of family members who will only be too happy to relieve me of it's burden.
It won't suddenly stop working :)

Tomo1971

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only bought mine in December with the full knowledge that a new one will be out soon.

This one does all that I want, can't see so far any reason why the new model will have anything groundbreaking that will make me upgrade. Many people do however upgrade to to the latest, just because they can, not because they need too.

S.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heh plenty of family members who will only be too happy to relieve me of it's burden.
It won't suddenly stop working :)

Actually, I suspect that on the day of release of the iPad2, Steve Jobs will press a button on his desk that's been specially designed to be pressed only by someone worth in excess of $50B while stroking a white Persian cat with the other hand, and deactivate all of the existing iPad1 models simultaneously. ;)

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hah this calls for Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.......Call me Schmidt, Eric Schmidt.....

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The other reason is the accessories, especially cases and covers. If the new version is even slightly different (e.g. size, buttons, pinholes, etc), it would render a lot of accessories designed for version 1 incompatible - and going by Apple's history (e.g. comparing the dimensions in different generations of iPhones and iPods), there's a high chance this might be the case.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tomo1971 said:
I only bought mine in December with the full knowledge that a new one will be out soon.

This one does all that I want, can't see so far any reason why the new model will have anything groundbreaking that will make me upgrade. Many people do however upgrade to to the latest, just because they can, not because they need too.

S.

Very true I'm in that cat, not cause I can, cause I want to lol I def don't need to, but will. MY HANDS NEEDS NEW TECH!

Most reactions