1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New iPad

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by menorquin, Feb 15, 2013.

1. menorquin

menorquin iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi I've just bought a new iPad. Although I have a MacBook Air, I'm having problems making the iPod work. I'm hoping it will be a simple learning curve. My biggest problem is with the App Store. To test I want to download a free App, in this case the itunes U app. I click on it, it expands, I use seemingly every gesture known to hand and it just won't download. Yes, I am logged in
    Please help if you can. What is the secret gesture?
  2. Husq250

Husq250 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Go to app store.

image-1655152308.jpg

Search iTunes U.

image-1788389220.jpg

Tap on the "free" to install.

image-4255655361.jpg

After typing your password it should start installing.

image-2165091942.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  3. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +968 / 0
    Hi Menorquin!

With the excellent pictorial instruction that Husq250 gave you,hopefully you are on your way! :)

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to:

iPad Accessories |iPad Help|iPad Hacking | iPad Games | iPad for Business and Education | Special Needs iPad Forum | iPad for Health Forum

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
    Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0, 5.1 & 6.0:*
    Connecting to the iTunes Store.
    iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/iphone-user-guide-for-ios-6/id563272542?mt=11

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html
  4. Fid

Fid iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Greetings menorquin, welcome to this beautiful realm. I hope you will learn as much about your iPad as I have about mine. There are lots of wonderful helpful people here.
  5. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Hello and welcome aboard! Congrats on the iPad!