What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad vs iPad 2 Screen bleed?

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, I bought my dad a white iPad 2 32gb back in February, and bought me a new iPad when it came out. I was putting movies on both, and noticed his screen looked like it was bleeding against a black backdrop, compared to mine? Take a look and tell me if it is normal, or should I contact Apple about it?
The right one is the new iPad, left is iPad 2 with what I think is screen bleed.

ForumRunner_20120429_231038.png

ForumRunner_20120429_231017.png

kralle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I remember my iPad 2 Story i got 6!! Exchanges and the screenbleeding was Never better.

Now i got the New iPad and the Second Exchange was ok , is really Not so strong and it get better every Day

L

Lunar

It looks like the top picture has a little lightbleed in a couple of places down lower half of the long left edge. I notice you took the picture in a darkish room, as people do for these type of shots otherwise they cannot be seen.

The light bleed which I can see in the pic is a little worse than I have on my new iPad 3, I doubt mine would even show up in a pic, as I can only just about notice it even when looking carefully for it, and certainly under normal conditions it cannot be seen, and TBH even in subdued lighting i don't notice it.

AIS, I suspect that top one in the pic is borderline..it's certainly not bad, and I suspect will not be noticable under normal lighting, I also suspect the brighness is set quite high, but if it is noticable say in a room with just a wall light on, then it may be worth asking your Apple store to replace it, assuming they will do so, but only you can decide if it's worth it.

Personally, if its not visible under normal lightling conditions I probably would'nt worry about it... as I certainly would'nt say it was bad light bleed..yes it has a little, and is noticable in a darkened room, but I have seen much worse.

My wife is now using our iPad 1 which we have had for about 18-mths, and I never noticed anything wrong with it at all during that time, but a recent quick lightbleed check actually revealed it had more noticable lightbleed than my new iPad3... and yet, neither of us ever noticed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
P

paulvalerio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses! Guess it just scared me a little.

Most reactions

Latest posts