1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New iPad Virus as of 12-21-12 ("Doomsday")?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by artsmarts02, Jan 30, 2013.

1. artsmarts02

artsmarts02 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just last night, I encountered a strange situation.

I googled a popular Indian restaurant using my iPad 2. (OS Version 6.0.1) I went to the official website with full confidence, thinking it was virus-free as I have visited the said website before. but then suddenly, I was greeted with a pop-up/prompt. I was surprised, but all it said was "12-21-12", thinking it was harmless, I confidently clicked "ok" (it was the only option available). then the next thing that happened, another prompt appeared, but this time it contained the words: MISSION: DOOMSDAY

I was immediately alarmed! i was startled. i couldnt close the prompt (the "x" mark on the tab was frozen.) and I had to click "ok" before I could resume. I closed safari via task manager, then went to settings and cleared history and cookies thereby closing all tabs in safari. i am aware of how easily a PC can become infected by a virus. As far as an iPad, I am not quite certain.

please help shed some light on this situation, thank you.
  2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +766 / 0
    There is no virus that can infect an iPad. The nature of the OS makes it all but impossible.
  3. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +957 / 0
    Are you playing the game, "Doomsday Preppers?"
  4. artsmarts02

artsmarts02 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok. thanks for answering, everyone. @skimonkey: I was just being careful.