What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad users with some ???'s

chuchu44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New ipad user with some ???'s

Hello all. I recently got a wifi ipad model as a gift. It's running 4.2.1 and I recently have someone "tethered jailbreak" it for me. How do I......

1) Change the "iPad" text on the top left of the screen? And is there a place where I can download some?

2) I notice the ipad doesn't have a clock and weather icon as I have seen on some iphones. Do I have to install it myself and how?

3) How do I get the dock on the bottom to be transparent?

Thanks so much for any help.

Last edited:

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hard to answer since it's jailbroken....

Basically the answer to all of your questions is either no or none that I am aware of.

Maybe someone will chime in for you. I figured I would give you what I know and keep this on the active topics list for awhile.

Jaws3288

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.epforums.org
Hello all. I recently got a wifi ipad model as a gift. It's running 4.2.1 and I recently have someone "tethered jailbreak" it for me. How do I......

1) Change the "iPad" text on the top left of the screen? And is there a place where I can download some?

2) I notice the ipad doesn't have a clock and weather icon as I have seen on some iphones. Do I have to install it myself and how?

3) How do I get the dock on the bottom to be transparent?

Thanks so much for any help.

As for Weather apps for your iPad, I use Weather HD. Search it in the App Store. It's a fantastic app with beautiful HD videos playing in the background according to Real-Time weather in your area. You can even display a clock in 3 different sizes, killing 2 birds with one stone, in your case.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
I use weather HD as well. Great app. However, to my knowledge, there is no way to make the dock transparent at this time, nor is there a way to change the text. If someone can clarify this, then I would more than gladly step aside :D

OP
C

chuchu44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks freebird and jaws. That's very disappointing that it came without these standard apps. Oh well...........

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
help me out+restore problem

Am from India,so I had to buy ipad 64 gb 3g 3.2.2 version at a premium price.Everything went fine,till I tried jb with Limera1n,jb went smooth,except that after installing cydia,ipad crashed and now I am stuck at this device not eligible for requested build in mac and errors like 3014 in windows...badly need help here,for I used my Ipad only fro few minutes....:(:(

Jaws3288

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.epforums.org
Am from India,so I had to buy ipad 64 gb 3g 3.2.2 version at a premium price.Everything went fine,till I tried jb with Limera1n,jb went smooth,except that after installing cydia,ipad crashed and now I am stuck at this device not eligible for requested build in mac and errors like 3014 in windows...badly need help here,for I used my Ipad only fro few minutes....:(:(

For the Error 3014, try reinstalling both iTunes and downloading your iOS again. Restore through iTunes and DON'T download the 4.2.1 IPSW elsewhere for the restore.

See if that helps.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I know you are desperate, and we want to help, but please don't hijack all the threads asking the same question. I have answered this for you in the main thread which you stated on the subject.

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I know you are desperate, and we want to help, but please don't hijack all the threads asking the same question. I have answered this for you in the main thread which you stated on the subject.
Sorry to do that:ipad-back:, I thought different people will be browsing different sections,and as you said I was hopeless...as per your suggestion, I successfully restored my ipad on my macbook pro with 4.2.1....thank u:)

Most reactions

Latest posts