What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New IPad User

apollo95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just bought the new IPad 4 & I have a couple of questions for you guys as this is my first IPad.
1) I bought a film on ITunes & I have the iCloud activated. If I delete the film off my IPad later to save memory space, can I retrieve the film later without having to buy it again?
2) I know u can get an adaptor to transfer pics from your pc to ur IPad, but how would I go about getting pics from the IPad to the PC?

Thanks for ur help

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to iTunes on the iPad and look in the Purchased tab under Movies. If it its there, you will be able to download it again. This is true of most movies, music, books, and TV Shows. However, in the case of movies and TV Shows, it is better to look first. Apple's licensing agreements are not as uniform in those two areas.

In Windows the iPad will show up as a USB drive when connected to the computer via the USB cable. You camera roll pictures can be found in the DCIM folder, or a subfolder within. In addition many picture organizing apps in Windows may recognize the iPad as a camera, and allow importing pictures that way.

Like a camera, I don't recommend you delete pictures from the PC, either from the USB drive or a programs import options. Best practice is to delete unwanted pictures directly on the iPad.

OP
A

apollo95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. One last question....I registered my IPad with apple yesterday & it said that I would receive an email but so far I've heard nothing (I have also checked my junk box). Does this take a few days to process do you know?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I believe it took me two or three days to receive my AppleCare certificate, if that is what you mean.

If it's just the general registration, maybe they are just understaffed for the holidays and it will take a couple more days for someone to review and ok it. Though I'd have though the process pretty automatic. Of course, even automatics might be a bit overwhelmed by the large number of iOS devices being activated these last few days.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it fails to show up before Jan 3rd. Even then, registration is no big deal. You have plenty of time and contact Apple and get it straightened out.

Most reactions